independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 19th Jul 2018 2:28pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The FIRST Org Fitness Thread of 2018!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/01/18 7:56am

RodeoSchro

avatar

The FIRST Org Fitness Thread of 2018!

Here we go! We all did something last year - maybe it was a little, maybe it was a lot. But we all did something and whatever that something was gave us a great start for 2018. So maybe we aren't making a NEW resolution now. Maybe we're CONTINUING on what we started and did last year.

Therefore, keep it up!

I hope this morning was a sign of things to come, because I literally rolled out of bed and into 150 push-ups and 100 crunches. I hope you do something today too, because then you'll be able to say "No matter what else, I did start the year right. All I have to go is keep that up!" Because you know what they say - the hardest step in any journey is the first step.

Take that first step this morning and then you won't be able to stop a great 2018! Good luck!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/04/18 8:26am

PurpleJedi

avatar

popcorn

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/04/18 10:35am

domainator2010

RodeoSchro said:


I hope this morning was a sign of things to come, because I literally rolled out of bed and into 150 push-ups and 100 crunches.

Oh Shut Up!!! smile

Just to let everyone know, I joined a gym again smile Thought it would be a cool way to inaugurate the New Year!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/04/18 1:02pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

domainator2010 said:

RodeoSchro said:


I hope this morning was a sign of things to come, because I literally rolled out of bed and into 150 push-ups and 100 crunches.

Oh Shut Up!!! smile

Just to let everyone know, I joined a gym again smile Thought it would be a cool way to inaugurate the New Year!



Let me give you one word of advice:

FEBRUARY.

If you're still going to the gym by the end of February, then you are home free. You'll have a great year in physical fitness! But you have to make it through FEBRUARY.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/08/18 9:10am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Here's a long article titled "Why Do Your Muscles Hurt Two Days After Working Out?" You can read it if you want but the basic answer from the doctors consulted is "No one knows".

BS! RODEOSCHRO KNOWS!

If you are sore after working out, then you are working out too hard. You've tried to do too much, too soon. For everyone that is starting or resuming a workout regimen this year, the NUMBER ONE RULE IS:

START EASY AND TAKE YOUR TIME WORKING UP TO HEAVIER WEIGHTS AND MORE REPETITIONS.

The fact is that if you try to accomplish six months' worth of work in one week, you will want to die. It can't be done. All you're going to do is end up quitting exercising. Boo!

Look, you have all year to reach your goal. Take the first 3 - 4 weeks easy. Start light, and with few reps. Increase it a little more each workout but remember - IF YOU GET SORE, YOU DID TOO MUCH. Back off a little.

Here's the cool thing - if you start easy and build a base, you will NEVER get sore! Take it from me - I lift hard and heavy and never ever get sore. It's because after a lay-off a couple years ago, I resumed working out and started light for a couple weeks. But after a month I was back to normal weights but NO SORENESS!

Take it easy, have fun, and don't get sore!

https://gizmodo.com/why-d...1821869231

.

[Edited 1/8/18 9:12am]

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/08/18 11:48am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Walk 3 miles eat pizza.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/08/18 3:50pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

I was going to save this for the end of the month but since there's some bad advice here, it's important to understand this:

You can't out-train a bad diet.

But go ahead and just work out this month. Get your base built. Then, February 1, start working on your diet.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/09/18 10:50pm

nextedition

avatar

Ive always worked out, but the last couple of weeks im really full on! Diet & gym, Feels so good! Keep it up everybody!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/10/18 7:07am

JorisE73

RodeoSchro said:

Here's a long article titled "Why Do Your Muscles Hurt Two Days After Working Out?" You can read it if you want but the basic answer from the doctors consulted is "No one knows".

BS! RODEOSCHRO KNOWS!

If you are sore after working out, then you are working out too hard. You've tried to do too much, too soon. For everyone that is starting or resuming a workout regimen this year, the NUMBER ONE RULE IS:

START EASY AND TAKE YOUR TIME WORKING UP TO HEAVIER WEIGHTS AND MORE REPETITIONS.

The fact is that if you try to accomplish six months' worth of work in one week, you will want to die. It can't be done. All you're going to do is end up quitting exercising. Boo!

Look, you have all year to reach your goal. Take the first 3 - 4 weeks easy. Start light, and with few reps. Increase it a little more each workout but remember - IF YOU GET SORE, YOU DID TOO MUCH. Back off a little.

Here's the cool thing - if you start easy and build a base, you will NEVER get sore! Take it from me - I lift hard and heavy and never ever get sore. It's because after a lay-off a couple years ago, I resumed working out and started light for a couple weeks. But after a month I was back to normal weights but NO SORENESS!

Take it easy, have fun, and don't get sore!

https://gizmodo.com/why-d...1821869231

.

[Edited 1/8/18 9:12am]

Great advise!

I started last year with Mindful Running!
I started running every other day for a week for 1 minute and then walk another minute and that for an hour. graduallyu I built it by adding 30 seconds the first 5 weeks and then 1 minute the next 5 weeks. after that I didn;t mind the time anymore and just ran without straining my muscles too much.
I didn't have any pains or maybe just a little bit when I wanted to push a llittle further and now after a year I lost 17 Kilograms and counting and almost run 10 km in an hour.

This all in a year by starting really slow and simple without straining anything and after that just letting go and go for however long your body wants to without straining it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/10/18 10:59am

RodeoSchro

avatar

JorisE73 said:

RodeoSchro said:

Here's a long article titled "Why Do Your Muscles Hurt Two Days After Working Out?" You can read it if you want but the basic answer from the doctors consulted is "No one knows".

BS! RODEOSCHRO KNOWS!

If you are sore after working out, then you are working out too hard. You've tried to do too much, too soon. For everyone that is starting or resuming a workout regimen this year, the NUMBER ONE RULE IS:

START EASY AND TAKE YOUR TIME WORKING UP TO HEAVIER WEIGHTS AND MORE REPETITIONS.

The fact is that if you try to accomplish six months' worth of work in one week, you will want to die. It can't be done. All you're going to do is end up quitting exercising. Boo!

Look, you have all year to reach your goal. Take the first 3 - 4 weeks easy. Start light, and with few reps. Increase it a little more each workout but remember - IF YOU GET SORE, YOU DID TOO MUCH. Back off a little.

Here's the cool thing - if you start easy and build a base, you will NEVER get sore! Take it from me - I lift hard and heavy and never ever get sore. It's because after a lay-off a couple years ago, I resumed working out and started light for a couple weeks. But after a month I was back to normal weights but NO SORENESS!

Take it easy, have fun, and don't get sore!

https://gizmodo.com/why-d...1821869231

.

[Edited 1/8/18 9:12am]

Great advise!

I started last year with Mindful Running!
I started running every other day for a week for 1 minute and then walk another minute and that for an hour. graduallyu I built it by adding 30 seconds the first 5 weeks and then 1 minute the next 5 weeks. after that I didn;t mind the time anymore and just ran without straining my muscles too much.
I didn't have any pains or maybe just a little bit when I wanted to push a llittle further and now after a year I lost 17 Kilograms and counting and almost run 10 km in an hour.

This all in a year by starting really slow and simple without straining anything and after that just letting go and go for however long your body wants to without straining it.



Awesome! Great job, and here's to a phenomenal 2018!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/10/18 11:00am

RodeoSchro

avatar

nextedition said:

Ive always worked out, but the last couple of weeks im really full on! Diet & gym, Feels so good! Keep it up everybody!



Great! I hope you are an inspiration to all the people who join up in January and quit in February. Show them how it's done!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/10/18 3:19pm

Mach

avatar

Last time I peaked into one of your fitness threads ...

1 year 2 months 7 days

Not too much has changed !

lol

~ Same as it ever was ...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/10/18 8:30pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Mach said:

Last time I peaked into one of your fitness threads ...

1 year 2 months 7 days

Not too much has changed !

lol



Is that why your signature is "~ Same as it ever was ..."? biggrin

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/11/18 10:44am

morningsong

Well, I haven't officially decided on a fitness routine but I'm officially a pescetarian which has been on the horizon for a while now. So far so good. Walking more, hitting the bike more just not in a scheduled manner. Yoga's on the horizon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/11/18 10:59am

JorisE73

morningsong said:

Well, I haven't officially decided on a fitness routine but I'm officially a pescetarian which has been on the horizon for a while now. So far so good. Walking more, hitting the bike more just not in a scheduled manner. Yoga's on the horizon.


Great! I'm starting Power Yoga in a week.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/11/18 2:46pm

morningsong

JorisE73 said:

morningsong said:

Well, I haven't officially decided on a fitness routine but I'm officially a pescetarian which has been on the horizon for a while now. So far so good. Walking more, hitting the bike more just not in a scheduled manner. Yoga's on the horizon.


Great! I'm starting Power Yoga in a week.




What's Power Yoga? Sounds really hard.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/11/18 10:56pm

JorisE73

morningsong said:

JorisE73 said:


Great! I'm starting Power Yoga in a week.




What's Power Yoga? Sounds really hard.



It a form of Yoga with a lot of repetitions and using your body weight a lot, it makes me sweat like an idiot within 5 minutes lol
It's like doing a workout without using weights, only your body weight and a lot of movement.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/14/18 12:15pm

nextedition

avatar

The thing is....don't quit.

Fitness gives you long term satisfaction.

Hold on the first couple of months, even though you don't see resultats.

Just go, no matter what your mind tells you.

Tired? Working out will give you energy!

Just go.

After a while it will be in your system and the fun begins.

Fitness helps with depressions, low selfesteem, low energy, aging, low immume system....the list goes on.

What helps me is to set goals. Make a programm, tell yourself you wanna at least left a little bit more than the last week.

And don't stop eating....but eat the right things.

And work you ass off!! You will love the sweat!

Long term satisfaction....you are gonna feel so good!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/20/18 1:55pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I used to visit the gym at least three, sometimes even four or five days a week, did my warm-up exercises (usually running on the treadmill or rowing), and then I trained with weights but then I started slacking due to my obligations at work and only went to the gym two or three times, and then went down to two visits per week until I got really sick and exhausted around Christmas, so started neglecting my workout and felt miserable when I could only go once a week or sometimes just one time in ten days but these days I make an effort to go at least three days a week, and I´ve been taking my supplements in a more disciplined manner.

.

My workouts usually start with five or twq minutes of rowing just to get warmed up. Sometimes I run on the treadmill but I much prefer rowing these days.....it makes me use my upper body muscles such as latissimus dorsi, biceps and triceps and even my delts and lower back.

.

After my warm-up I usually either do dumbbell and barbelll curls or, if I want to train my back and chest I do pull-ups,chest exercises on machines (butterfly, press etc. , never benchpress), and lower back exercises and ab exercises.

.

I use citrullin dissolved in water right before my workout and during my workout, sometimes I add a bit of zinc and magnesium.

Right after my workout I use a good whey protein powder dissolved in water, and when I come home I make sure to eat a nourishing post-workout meal.

Right before bedtime I drink a proteinshake that contains a lot of casein.

And I also make sure to take one omega 3 capsule right before I go to sleep (it took me a long time to find my favorite product. I only have to use one per day).

So, magnesium, zinc, protein and omega 3 fatty acids are my main supplements.

Every now and then I use a bit of GABA to get a good night´s sleep.

Sometimes I use maca, controversial tribulus terrestris and of course vitamin D3.

.

Today I even went to the steam room right after my workout. Hadn´t done that in a long time.

[Edited 1/26/18 9:19am]

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/20/18 1:58pm

KoolEaze

avatar

PS: I highly recommend checking out the websites Testosteron Nation and Layne Norton´s website.

I discovered Layne Norton´s website thanks to UptownNYC and he offers a lot of good advice.

And T-Nation provides me with very useful info, too.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/20/18 2:02pm

KoolEaze

avatar

nextedition said:

The thing is....don't quit.

Fitness gives you long term satisfaction.

Hold on the first couple of months, even though you don't see resultats.

Just go, no matter what your mind tells you.

Tired? Working out will give you energy!

Just go.

After a while it will be in your system and the fun begins.

Fitness helps with depressions, low selfesteem, low energy, aging, low immume system....the list goes on.

What helps me is to set goals. Make a programm, tell yourself you wanna at least left a little bit more than the last week.

And don't stop eating....but eat the right things.

And work you ass off!! You will love the sweat!

Long term satisfaction....you are gonna feel so good!!!

Well said. All it takes is some dedication and you will feel so much better once you´ve won the fight against your own inner demons.

Today I almost went back home when I was on my way to the gym. I felt like Michael Douglas´s character D-Fens in Falling Down. But then I decided not to quit, went, did my workout and went to the steam room after my workout and felt so much better than before.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/26/18 3:08pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

I hit the stairs for the first time today, doing 16 flights. It felt great! I counted the steps - including the ones on the landings - and it came to 380. It took me exactly:

05:00.21

Dang! So close to under five minutes! Maybe next month....errr, next time.

That's 75 steps/minute. It seemed like I was going slower, though. I was trying to pace myself.

I've not really ever used stair machines at the gym. I was thinking about those a moment ago. I know that 380 steps is nothing at the gym, nor is five minutes. I wondered what was the difference, then I think I figured it out:

On real stairs, I'm LIFTING my entire body weight with every step up. The stair machines I've used don't make you do that. You do have to step up, but the step is coming down, so it's not like a full step. Anyway, this is what I'm telling myself so I don't feel inadequate tomorrow when I see someone ripping off 500 steps per minute for a half hour!

.

[Edited 1/26/18 15:12pm]

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/27/18 6:30am

KoolEaze

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

I hit the stairs for the first time today, doing 16 flights. It felt great! I counted the steps - including the ones on the landings - and it came to 380. It took me exactly:

05:00.21

Dang! So close to under five minutes! Maybe next month....errr, next time.

That's 75 steps/minute. It seemed like I was going slower, though. I was trying to pace myself.

I've not really ever used stair machines at the gym. I was thinking about those a moment ago. I know that 380 steps is nothing at the gym, nor is five minutes. I wondered what was the difference, then I think I figured it out:

On real stairs, I'm LIFTING my entire body weight with every step up. The stair machines I've used don't make you do that. You do have to step up, but the step is coming down, so it's not like a full step. Anyway, this is what I'm telling myself so I don't feel inadequate tomorrow when I see someone ripping off 500 steps per minute for a half hour!

.

[Edited 1/26/18 15:12pm]

I think that´s a good way to warm up. I used to do longer warmups in the past and I did much more cardio and running in the past, sometimes 45 minutes, sometimes an hour or two but these days, as I´m getting older, I want to keep my testosteron levels high as long as it´s still possible, and that´s why I do more sprints these days then stairs or long distance running.

But I think I´ll try the stairmaster machine at our gym today.....maybe right after or maybe before I do a bit of rowing to warm up.

The thing about short but intense sprints is that they increase your testosterone and help you look more muscular and stronger, whereas long cardio can decrease testosterone levels and muscle mass.

And yes, you are right about real stairs vs. stair machines....with real stairs it is easy to climb hundreds of them without really breaking a sweat....but not so on a stair machine.

.

I´m about to finish my omellete and coffee and will hit the gym in a few minutes. lol

Today is back and chest day.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/30/18 9:44am

PurpleJedi

avatar

Well, I'm still paying for my gym membership.

Does that count for anything?

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/30/18 11:08am

KoolEaze

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

Well, I'm still paying for my gym membership.

Does that count for anything?

lol

I often think of you when I go to the gym, or when I´m undecided about whether I should or shouldn´t go.

I often ask myself: "What would Purple Jedi do? "

And then I finish my coffee, grab my bag and go. wink

But seriously, you should start working out again. The longer your break, the more difficult it will be for you to get into that routine again.

Download some nice music, drink some coffee, make sure you get your nutrients and sleep and JUST DO IT !

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/30/18 12:01pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

Well, I'm still paying for my gym membership.

Does that count for anything?



falloff

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/31/18 10:48am

PurpleJedi

avatar

KoolEaze said:

PurpleJedi said:

Well, I'm still paying for my gym membership.

Does that count for anything?

lol

I often think of you when I go to the gym, or when I´m undecided about whether I should or shouldn´t go.

I often ask myself: "What would Purple Jedi do? "

And then I finish my coffee, grab my bag and go. wink

But seriously, you should start working out again. The longer your break, the more difficult it will be for you to get into that routine again.

Download some nice music, drink some coffee, make sure you get your nutrients and sleep and JUST DO IT !


thumbs up!

Right now I'm trying to correct my sleep pattern (it's WAAAAAAAY off).

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/31/18 10:53am

KoolEaze

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

KoolEaze said:

lol

I often think of you when I go to the gym, or when I´m undecided about whether I should or shouldn´t go.

I often ask myself: "What would Purple Jedi do? "

And then I finish my coffee, grab my bag and go. wink

But seriously, you should start working out again. The longer your break, the more difficult it will be for you to get into that routine again.

Download some nice music, drink some coffee, make sure you get your nutrients and sleep and JUST DO IT !


thumbs up!

Right now I'm trying to correct my sleep pattern (it's WAAAAAAAY off).

Story of my life !

Smoke some weed, or get one of those new sleep supplements. I use GABA and it´s a true miracle.

Just got back from the gym, by the way. wink

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/31/18 1:05pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

KoolEaze said:

lol

I often think of you when I go to the gym, or when I´m undecided about whether I should or shouldn´t go.

I often ask myself: "What would Purple Jedi do? "

And then I finish my coffee, grab my bag and go. wink

But seriously, you should start working out again. The longer your break, the more difficult it will be for you to get into that routine again.

Download some nice music, drink some coffee, make sure you get your nutrients and sleep and JUST DO IT !


thumbs up!

Right now I'm trying to correct my sleep pattern (it's WAAAAAAAY off).



Don't work out at night; they say that keeps you up.

Don't watch Scarlett Johanssen movies at night; they say that keeps you up, too.

biggrin

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/02/18 10:54am

PurpleJedi

avatar

KoolEaze said:

PurpleJedi said:


thumbs up!

Right now I'm trying to correct my sleep pattern (it's WAAAAAAAY off).

Story of my life !

Smoke some weed, or get one of those new sleep supplements. I use GABA and it´s a true miracle.

Just got back from the gym, by the way. wink


thumbs up! lol

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The FIRST Org Fitness Thread of 2018!