independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 15th Nov 2018 9:31pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Star Trek
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/04/18 9:25pm

kpowers

avatar

Star Trek

Patrick Stewart confirms 'Star Trek' return as Jean-Luc Picard

Star Trek" fans can expect to see a lot more of Patrick Stewart. The actor confirmed Saturday that he will again play Jean-Luc Picard in a new series tied to the long-running sci-fi franchise. “It is an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him,”

Stewart’s “Star Trek: The Next Generation” character, the coolly diplomatic and philosophical captain of the Starship Enterprise, will be featured in a brand-new series, CBS All Access revealed. The new show will share "the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life," according to a tweet from "Star Trek."

The actor recalled the end of filming for the last "Trek" movie to feature Picard and the "Next Generation" cast, back in 2002. And he said in a statement that he felt his “time with 'Star Trek' had run its natural course.” But now, he thinks he is “ready to return” to his character.

“During these past years, it has been humbling to hear stories about how 'The Next Generation' brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he wrote. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often dark times.

Over the course of seven seasons, Stewart headlined the “Star Trek” series, which itself followed the original 1966-69 show that starred William Shatner. He also played Picard in several movies.

"Star Trek" itself has seen multiple iterations, on both the small and big screen. The latest, "Star Trek: Discovery," debuted on CBS All Access last year and has been renewed for a second season. And two feature films are said to be in early stages of development.

Star-Trek-Captain-Picard.png?x42694

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/05/18 1:04pm

TrivialPursuit

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!

Discovery is such a good fucking show. They are only in the story stages of the Picard thing right now, so I look to 2020 before it comes out, but fuck - Stewart will be 80 or so by then. But I think it might be pretty damn good. I have no doubt there could be some flashbacks to his younger pre-Enterprise days, too.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/05/18 7:20pm

Hudson

avatar

http://trekcore.com/blog/...vember-13/

Star Trek Discovery Season 01, November 13 on DVD and Blu.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/05/18 10:49pm

benni

OMGosh! You got me all excited until you said, CBS All Access! mad $10 bucks a month just to watch Star Trek (I started doing it with Discovery, watched all of Season 1 then cancelled it.) I love all the Star Trek franchises but not at those monthly prices when Star Trek would be all I would watch it for.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/06/18 5:10am

kpowers

avatar

Hudson said:

http://trekcore.com/blog/...vember-13/ Star Trek Discovery Season 01, November 13 on DVD and Blu.

about time

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/06/18 11:07am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

hmmm I don't know about this; if done well it could be great. Oh the other hand, the original series had the perfect ending...

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/06/18 11:54am

kpowers

avatar

?format=750w

Just finished watching deep space 9. Like always kinda sad watching the last episode.

leave_behind_631.jpg

Kira and Odo don't end up together because Odo goes back to his people. Forgot Kira became a Colonel

hqdefault.jpg

Forgot the Sisko's were expecting. We never found out if it was a girl or a boy

2e9b3551efbe38a3ba931363fedf64c1--high-fantasy-deep-space.jpg

Miles and his family left DS9 for Earth ending the friendship with Julian

latest?cb=20070412195131&path-prefix=en

Sisko is still with the prophets

latest?cb=20100123110746&path-prefix=en

Well Julian finally ended up with Dax (well with Ezri) forgot Ezri was a counselor

deep_space_nine_worf_by_ink2paper916-d2yso52.jpg

Which caused Worf to except a position with the Klingon empire and left DS9

Star-Trek-Deep-Space-Nine-Kai-Winn-s-Undergown-3.jpg

latest?cb=20130530134140

Well Kai Winn got what was coming to her

latest?cb=20110522032312

Have a strange feeling Dukat is with the Pirates.

latest?cb=20120418033917&path-prefix=en

Rom becomes the Grand Nagus

MV5BNjI5MDA1NjcyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc3NDQ0MDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1306,1000_AL_.jpg

Was starting to like Damar at the end there. Would have been a great leader of Cardassia if he didn't end up getting killed.

daa8f74a78fd3efc1521f76464eb129d.jpg

With the Breen being the only Alpha Quadrant race siding with the founders (Cardassians changing sides at the end) wonder what were the repercussions they faced from the Federation.

jeffery-combs.jpg

Well DS9 introduce Jeffery Combs to us. No more lives for Weyoun

leave_behind_650.jpg

Last scene is we have Jake and Kira looking out the window (waiting for Ben). Leaving only Kira, Jake, Julian, Ezri, Nog, Morn and Quark left on DS9 touched

star-trek-voyager-featured-art-1-e1516236961529.jpg

Well it's onto Star Trek Voyager now

[Edited 8/6/18 12:49pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/06/18 6:17pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Hudson said:

http://trekcore.com/blog/...vember-13/ Star Trek Discovery Season 01, November 13 on DVD and Blu.


Sweeeeet!!

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/06/18 6:22pm

TrivialPursuit

purplethunder3121 said:

hmmm I don't know about this; if done well it could be great. Oh the other hand, the original series had the perfect ending...


The original series has nothing to do with Picard and TNG, though.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/06/18 6:23pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

benni said:

OMGosh! You got me all excited until you said, CBS All Access! mad $10 bucks a month just to watch Star Trek (I started doing it with Discovery, watched all of Season 1 then cancelled it.) I love all the Star Trek franchises but not at those monthly prices when Star Trek would be all I would watch it for.


CBS All Access wants to have new Star Trek on the platform all the time.

http://www.joblo.com/movi...e-time-325


Evidently there are shorts (Star Trek: Short Treks) coming before Discovery returns in January. Some of them might be trials to see what works.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/06/18 6:30pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

purplethunder3121 said:

hmmm I don't know about this; if done well it could be great. Oh the other hand, the original series had the perfect ending...


The original series has nothing to do with Picard and TNG, though.

I obviosly meant the original TNG series.

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/07/18 1:04pm

S2DG

I love this guy!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/07/18 3:56pm

kpowers

avatar

Image result for star trek voyager

Just watch the series premiere of Voyager "Care Taker" and I have to say it was probably the best series premiere of all the Star Trek series (though I have not seen Discovery yet).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/08/18 5:59pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Oh, groan!

NBC is suggesting that Sir Patrick Stewart is being brought back because, I don't know, racism?

New 'Star Trek' reboot starring Patrick Stewart is CBS' latest All Access offering. But who's the audience?


https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/new-star-trek-reboot-starring-patrick-stewart-cbs-latest-all-ncna898121



It’s a dream come true for a generation of “Star Trek” fans who grew up on the rebooted concept as well as spin-offs “Deep Space Nine” and “Voyager.” But it also represents a retreat by CBS from the progressivism of its first series on All Access, “Star Trek: Discovery.”

The fact that Stewart’s show was announced first could be coincidence — but it’s probably not. More likely, CBS is using the nostalgic reboot to placate the (white, male) demographic that felt alienated by the network’s first Trekkie reboot “Discovery,” a show which was legitimately diverse and therefore immediately controversial.

Can't we have Star Trek, one of the most progressive franchises in the history of TV, without these silly games? I doubt that very many of the fans celebrating this news are happy because they hate diversity. Star Trek has always been diverse. Maybe the writer of the article is just virtue signalling to prove how "woke" they are... I dunno.




[Edited 8/8/18 18:01pm]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/08/18 8:36pm

Hudson

avatar

The article is just speculating that this was announced before other Trek series for that reason. It's an asinine assumption, but not as extreme as it appears on the surface.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/09/18 12:14am

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Oh, groan!

NBC is suggesting that Sir Patrick Stewart is being brought back because, I don't know, racism?

New 'Star Trek' reboot starring Patrick Stewart is CBS' latest All Access offering. But who's the audience?


https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/new-star-trek-reboot-starring-patrick-stewart-cbs-latest-all-ncna898121



It’s a dream come true for a generation of “Star Trek” fans who grew up on the rebooted concept as well as spin-offs “Deep Space Nine” and “Voyager.” But it also represents a retreat by CBS from the progressivism of its first series on All Access, “Star Trek: Discovery.”

The fact that Stewart’s show was announced first could be coincidence — but it’s probably not. More likely, CBS is using the nostalgic reboot to placate the (white, male) demographic that felt alienated by the network’s first Trekkie reboot “Discovery,” a show which was legitimately diverse and therefore immediately controversial.

Can't we have Star Trek, one of the most progressive franchises in the history of TV, without these silly games? I doubt that very many of the fans celebrating this news are happy because they hate diversity. Star Trek has always been diverse. Maybe the writer of the article is just virtue signalling to prove how "woke" they are... I dunno.




[Edited 8/8/18 18:01pm]

Or maybe they just don't want to "PAY' to watch

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/09/18 4:45am

kpowers

avatar

Related image

Wow hard to believe B'elanna Torres was 37 when starred on Voyager. Thought she was in her mid 20's.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/09/18 4:52am

kpowers

avatar

kes_002.jpeg?w=640&h=480&crop=1

Well watching Voyager now. Been trying to find out why Kes left and 7 of 9 took her place. Well most of the responses were "sex sells" so they brought in Jeri Ryan

5363df3eb0298bcceab17f1f5db5ddfa--seven-of-nine-nine-durso.jpg

Rumor has it that Harry Kim was to be killed off instead but kept him because people magazine named him one of the sexiest people in the world confuse hmmm

latest?cb=20061225004034


[Edited 8/9/18 4:58am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/09/18 5:57am

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

djThunderfunk said:

Oh, groan!

NBC is suggesting that Sir Patrick Stewart is being brought back because, I don't know, racism?

New 'Star Trek' reboot starring Patrick Stewart is CBS' latest All Access offering. But who's the audience?


https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/new-star-trek-reboot-starring-patrick-stewart-cbs-latest-all-ncna898121



It’s a dream come true for a generation of “Star Trek” fans who grew up on the rebooted concept as well as spin-offs “Deep Space Nine” and “Voyager.” But it also represents a retreat by CBS from the progressivism of its first series on All Access, “Star Trek: Discovery.”

The fact that Stewart’s show was announced first could be coincidence — but it’s probably not. More likely, CBS is using the nostalgic reboot to placate the (white, male) demographic that felt alienated by the network’s first Trekkie reboot “Discovery,” a show which was legitimately diverse and therefore immediately controversial.

Can't we have Star Trek, one of the most progressive franchises in the history of TV, without these silly games? I doubt that very many of the fans celebrating this news are happy because they hate diversity. Star Trek has always been diverse. Maybe the writer of the article is just virtue signalling to prove how "woke" they are... I dunno.




[Edited 8/8/18 18:01pm]

Or maybe they just don't want to "PAY' to watch


That's a big one for sure!

What bothers me is that this is becoming a trend. Lots of people complained about Last Jedi, for LOTS of reasons, and Lucasfilm responds as if we didn't like it because of diversity. Nonsense! That movie sucked.

I have some issues with discovery, but none of them involve the race or sex of the lead character. In fact, despite my issues, I loved the show. And honestly, I'm happy to see Stewart come back but I'm waiting to here more about that before I decide if the show sounds like a good idea or not. It is possible that, even with Stewart, the show won't be good. I'm waiting to see who else they bring back. Hoping to see characters from DS9 & VOY along with some from TNG.







[Edited 8/9/18 5:58am]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/09/18 12:27pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

Or maybe they just don't want to "PAY' to watch


That's a big one for sure!

What bothers me is that this is becoming a trend. Lots of people complained about Last Jedi, for LOTS of reasons, and Lucasfilm responds as if we didn't like it because of diversity. Nonsense! That movie sucked.

I have some issues with discovery, but none of them involve the race or sex of the lead character. In fact, despite my issues, I loved the show. And honestly, I'm happy to see Stewart come back but I'm waiting to here more about that before I decide if the show sounds like a good idea or not. It is possible that, even with Stewart, the show won't be good. I'm waiting to see who else they bring back. Hoping to see characters from DS9 & VOY along with some from TNG.







[Edited 8/9/18 5:58am]

I haven't seen the show yet (will get it on DVD, not paying for CBS access) but I have 3 issues with it. Number one is setting it before Captain Kirk and the original series time line. Clearly they are being chicken shit because the don't want to have to deal with JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams messing things up. Number two is introducing new Aliens races, Enterprise was guilty of this as well. Number 3, them saying the F word, lame.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/09/18 12:41pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

djThunderfunk said:


That's a big one for sure!

What bothers me is that this is becoming a trend. Lots of people complained about Last Jedi, for LOTS of reasons, and Lucasfilm responds as if we didn't like it because of diversity. Nonsense! That movie sucked.

I have some issues with discovery, but none of them involve the race or sex of the lead character. In fact, despite my issues, I loved the show. And honestly, I'm happy to see Stewart come back but I'm waiting to here more about that before I decide if the show sounds like a good idea or not. It is possible that, even with Stewart, the show won't be good. I'm waiting to see who else they bring back. Hoping to see characters from DS9 & VOY along with some from TNG.







[Edited 8/9/18 5:58am]

I haven't seen the show yet (will get it on DVD, not paying for CBS access) but I have 3 issues with it. Number one is setting it before Captain Kirk and the original series time line. Clearly they are being chicken shit because the don't want to have to deal with JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams messing things up. Number two is introducing new Aliens races, Enterprise was guilty of this as well. Number 3, them saying the F word, lame.


I have LOTS of issues with it. Tops being: changing the klingons, using the Fuck word, tech not matching up with the timeline (holograph communication for one). NONE of my issues involve diversity of cast. Star Trek has ALWAYS been diverse, in fact it's always been praised for it.

That said, I had issues with the first seasons of TNG, DS9, VOY & ENT as well, and I LOVE all those shows, plus, overall, I think Discovery has a better first season then ANY of those 4. TNG's first season had much to scoff at and the 2nd season was at times outright bad. But as a whole, it's one of my all-time favorite TV shows. So, I think those that are writing off Discovery so soon are short sighted.

I'm not paying for CBS either, but as I've admitted in these threads before, I have no moral qualms pirating it... I'll be buying the bluray as soon as it's out. I've purchased the entire franhise of Star Trek (TV & movies), most of it multiple times each (VHS/DVD/BLU) and will continue to do so as long as there are physical releases to add to my collection, but, I won't pay a penny for streaming.

[Edited 8/9/18 12:43pm]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/09/18 1:29pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

I haven't seen the show yet (will get it on DVD, not paying for CBS access) but I have 3 issues with it. Number one is setting it before Captain Kirk and the original series time line. Clearly they are being chicken shit because the don't want to have to deal with JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams messing things up. Number two is introducing new Aliens races, Enterprise was guilty of this as well. Number 3, them saying the F word, lame.


I have LOTS of issues with it. Tops being: changing the klingons, using the Fuck word, tech not matching up with the timeline (holograph communication for one). NONE of my issues involve diversity of cast. Star Trek has ALWAYS been diverse, in fact it's always been praised for it.

That said, I had issues with the first seasons of TNG, DS9, VOY & ENT as well, and I LOVE all those shows, plus, overall, I think Discovery has a better first season then ANY of those 4. TNG's first season had much to scoff at and the 2nd season was at times outright bad. But as a whole, it's one of my all-time favorite TV shows. So, I think those that are writing off Discovery so soon are short sighted.

I'm not paying for CBS either, but as I've admitted in these threads before, I have no moral qualms pirating it... I'll be buying the bluray as soon as it's out. I've purchased the entire franhise of Star Trek (TV & movies), most of it multiple times each (VHS/DVD/BLU) and will continue to do so as long as there are physical releases to add to my collection, but, I won't pay a penny for streaming.

[Edited 8/9/18 12:43pm]

Was not aware that they changed the Klingons, I have an issue with that. Also hated how they introduce them in the JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams movies

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/09/18 1:45pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

I haven't seen the show yet (will get it on DVD, not paying for CBS access) but I have 3 issues with it. Number one is setting it before Captain Kirk and the original series time line. Clearly they are being chicken shit because the don't want to have to deal with JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams messing things up. Number two is introducing new Aliens races, Enterprise was guilty of this as well. Number 3, them saying the F word, lame.


I have LOTS of issues with it. Tops being: changing the klingons, using the Fuck word, tech not matching up with the timeline (holograph communication for one). NONE of my issues involve diversity of cast. Star Trek has ALWAYS been diverse, in fact it's always been praised for it.

That said, I had issues with the first seasons of TNG, DS9, VOY & ENT as well, and I LOVE all those shows, plus, overall, I think Discovery has a better first season then ANY of those 4. TNG's first season had much to scoff at and the 2nd season was at times outright bad. But as a whole, it's one of my all-time favorite TV shows. So, I think those that are writing off Discovery so soon are short sighted.

I'm not paying for CBS either, but as I've admitted in these threads before, I have no moral qualms pirating it... I'll be buying the bluray as soon as it's out. I've purchased the entire franhise of Star Trek (TV & movies), most of it multiple times each (VHS/DVD/BLU) and will continue to do so as long as there are physical releases to add to my collection, but, I won't pay a penny for streaming.

[Edited 8/9/18 12:43pm]

Well been watching all the old shows again and yes TNG First few seasons were hard to watch. Don't know if they rushed it into production or not. They cast and crew did not think there would be a season 3. So far I'm about half way into season 1 of Voyager and it's first season is better than TNG, DS9, and Enterprise. My two complaint are is that they only had 15 episodes the first season. Also I remember the last episode called "learning curve" in which Tuvok is training Maquis crew members was kind of a let down for being the last episode of season 1. Where was the cliffhanger?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/09/18 2:44pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

Was not aware that they changed the Klingons, I have an issue with that. Also hated how they introduce them in the JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams movies


If you didn't like the changes in the JJ movies you will hate them in Discovery. They're as different from TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT as those were from TOS. Changes that nobody wanted and the Klingons didn't need.

That said, stick with it. It's good stuff despite this monumental mistake.


We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/09/18 2:46pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:


Well been watching all the old shows again and yes TNG First few seasons were hard to watch. Don't know if they rushed it into production or not. They cast and crew did not think there would be a season 3. So far I'm about half way into season 1 of Voyager and it's first season is better than TNG, DS9, and Enterprise. My two complaint are is that they only had 15 episodes the first season. Also I remember the last episode called "learning curve" in which Tuvok is training Maquis crew members was kind of a let down for being the last episode of season 1. Where was the cliffhanger?


IIRC, DS9 S1 was truncated as well. No?

Discovery also had a short season, and, I think, every season will be shorter (like a netflix show).


We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/09/18 4:42pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

Well been watching all the old shows again and yes TNG First few seasons were hard to watch. Don't know if they rushed it into production or not. They cast and crew did not think there would be a season 3. So far I'm about half way into season 1 of Voyager and it's first season is better than TNG, DS9, and Enterprise. My two complaint are is that they only had 15 episodes the first season. Also I remember the last episode called "learning curve" in which Tuvok is training Maquis crew members was kind of a let down for being the last episode of season 1. Where was the cliffhanger?


IIRC, DS9 S1 was truncated as well. No?

Discovery also had a short season, and, I think, every season will be shorter (like a netflix show).


I had no real issue in season 1 of DS9. The only thing they changed was Dax's character. In season 1 they made Dax the wise "Old Man" to Sisco. In season 2 the writers said hey this lady is young so let's have her explore all her other past life and gave her more of a personality.

[Edited 8/9/18 16:43pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/09/18 10:17pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

Or maybe they just don't want to "PAY' to watch


That's a big one for sure!

What bothers me is that this is becoming a trend. Lots of people complained about Last Jedi, for LOTS of reasons, and Lucasfilm responds as if we didn't like it because of diversity. Nonsense! That movie sucked.

I have some issues with discovery, but none of them involve the race or sex of the lead character. In fact, despite my issues, I loved the show. And honestly, I'm happy to see Stewart come back but I'm waiting to here more about that before I decide if the show sounds like a good idea or not. It is possible that, even with Stewart, the show won't be good. I'm waiting to see who else they bring back. Hoping to see characters from DS9 & VOY along with some from TNG.







[Edited 8/9/18 5:58am]

I liked that movie boxed

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/10/18 6:04am

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

djThunderfunk said:


That's a big one for sure!

What bothers me is that this is becoming a trend. Lots of people complained about Last Jedi, for LOTS of reasons, and Lucasfilm responds as if we didn't like it because of diversity. Nonsense! That movie sucked.

I have some issues with discovery, but none of them involve the race or sex of the lead character. In fact, despite my issues, I loved the show. And honestly, I'm happy to see Stewart come back but I'm waiting to here more about that before I decide if the show sounds like a good idea or not. It is possible that, even with Stewart, the show won't be good. I'm waiting to see who else they bring back. Hoping to see characters from DS9 & VOY along with some from TNG.







[Edited 8/9/18 5:58am]

I liked that movie boxed


Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I think Phantom Menace is better. biggrin

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/10/18 5:18pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

I liked that movie boxed


Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I think Phantom Menace is better. biggrin

Image result for spock gif

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/10/18 11:07pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

lol

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Star Trek