independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Jul 2017 5:36am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > I am Cristian and that prank is offensive for me
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/06/17 11:13pm

TRUECRISTIAN

I am Cristian and that prank is offensive for me

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/06/17 11:15pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

I don't find it offensive. It is a comedy skit.

What's your religion??

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/07/17 1:46am

TRUECRISTIAN

Cristian
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/07/17 4:32am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Cristian? lol Silent letters piss me off too. Get a job and create your own word start doing something. Bum. Quit standing around doing nothing.

KNOW Jesus, KNOW peace. NO Jesus, NO peace
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/07/17 5:39am

2elijah

avatar

Why? It's just some dude with a wig, fake beard and long dress on.
'Trump voters got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/07/17 5:51am

13cjk13

avatar

TRUECRISTIAN said:

https://m.youtube.com/wat...GlIbEW9wVw

I am a human being, and you are offensive for me. nuts

Matthew 5:38-39
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/07/17 6:17am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Being offensive is not a crime. Don't watch it. I didn't.

Bass U Shoulda Played
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/07/17 6:28am

Horsefeathers

avatar

This Charlie Crist fandom is getting out of control.
Murica: at least it's not Sudan.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/07/17 7:52am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I have your back.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/07/17 7:53am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Horsefeathers said:

This Charlie Crist fandom is getting out of control.




My dream Org meet-up is coffee with you and TRUECRISTIAN.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/07/17 8:00am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



Horsefeathers said:


This Charlie Crist fandom is getting out of control.




My dream Org meet-up is coffee with you and TRUECRISTIAN.



Once you've met me it is all downhill...
Gemini rising on the 7th day... 21,138
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/07/17 8:19am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I am offended but how poorly it is done...
Gemini rising on the 7th day... 21,138
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/07/17 8:47am

RodeoSchro

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:




My dream Org meet-up is coffee with you and TRUECRISTIAN.

Once you've met me it is all downhill...



Bad news - I am flying rather than driving to New Mexico this year. No stop for burgers. sad

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/07/17 9:18am

Horsefeathers

avatar

I'm so in.
Murica: at least it's not Sudan.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/07/17 10:19am

TrivialPursuit

TRUECRISTIAN said:

Cristian


What is a Cristian?


Being a Christian myself, I don't find one thing bad about it. There's nothing disrespectful in it and it's funny.

The worst part of the church is that they paint Jesus as a humorless old white guy. He wasn't white, or humorless. If we're made in God's image, then God has to have a sense of humor. Do folks think Jesus never laughed with his friends, or cracked a joke, or played tag, or rolled around in the dirt wit a dog or whatever? Sometimes I think Christians believe Jesus didn't even poop or pee.

How about, instead of getting riled up about a stupid video, the church step up and get offended at homelessness, hunger, child abuse by the Catholic church, and things Jesus spoke against? If everything is offensive, even the littlest of things, then no one will take you seriously when you are truly put off.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/07/17 10:52am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Trolls are not Christian. Quit.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/07/17 11:29am

Dasein

TRUECRISTIAN said:

https://m.youtube.com/wat...GlIbEW9wVw


Some could argue that Christianity itself is a prank.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/07/17 11:30am

Dasein

TrivialPursuit said:

TRUECRISTIAN said:

Cristian


What is a Cristian?


Being a Christian myself, I don't find one thing bad about it. There's nothing disrespectful in it and it's funny.

The worst part of the church is that they paint Jesus as a humorless old white guy. He wasn't white, or humorless. If we're made in God's image, then God has to have a sense of humor. Do folks think Jesus never laughed with his friends, or cracked a joke, or played tag, or rolled around in the dirt wit a dog or whatever? Sometimes I think Christians believe Jesus didn't even poop or pee.

How about, instead of getting riled up about a stupid video, the church step up and get offended at homelessness, hunger, child abuse by the Catholic church, and things Jesus spoke against? If everything is offensive, even the littlest of things, then no one will take you seriously when you are truly put off.


clapping

Well said.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/07/17 12:17pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

If everything is offensive, even the littlest of things, then no one will take you seriously when you are truly put off.



Well said. We should apply the same logic to all aspects of society and politics. After all, in a free society, we have the right to be offensive. We do not have a right to not be offended.

Bass U Shoulda Played
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/07/17 2:26pm

TrivialPursuit

djThunderfunk said:

TrivialPursuit said:

If everything is offensive, even the littlest of things, then no one will take you seriously when you are truly put off.



Well said. We should apply the same logic to all aspects of society and politics. After all, in a free society, we have the right to be offensive. We do not have a right to not be offended.


Agreed. There's a sense of entitlement in society that says "That offends me so it should stop". No, free speech doesn't work that way. It works in that anyone can be who they are, and if someone else coincidentally gets offended - oh well. If we maneuver through life in the truth, and don't impede on others while doing it, that's the path we have to choose. Someone, somewhere is going to be offended regardless of what we do. If it's unintentional, who cares. No one is yelling the N word in a black person's front yard or burning crosses. It's a stupid TV hidden camera show skit.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/07/17 2:41pm

TRUECRISTIAN

Dasein said:



TRUECRISTIAN said:


https://m.youtube.com/wat...GlIbEW9wVw


Some could argue that Christianity itself is a prank.


If I was rude about your mum or dad or loved one would you be upset? I think of God as my father. I have no problem if you don't but I would respect your beliefs and try not to upset you. It's just polite/nice.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/07/17 3:10pm

morningsong

avatar

If that's the only I'll ever have to put up with regarding my religion compared to the many things other religious people around the world have to deal with, then I'll take it gladly and keep rolling. Whining about every little thing is counterproductive.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/07/17 4:07pm

Dasein

TRUECRISTIAN said:

Dasein said:


Some could argue that Christianity itself is a prank.

If I was rude about your mum or dad or loved one would you be upset? I think of God as my father. I have no problem if you don't but I would respect your beliefs and try not to upset you. It's just polite/nice.


Me being upset with your impropriety regarding my parents depends upon context: how well do
you know them? If you know them very well, then any indignation regarding your rudeness would
have much more jusification than if you didn't know them at all. This can be applied to your own
sensibilities concerning these pranks.

Anyways, this thread is about how well we receive pranks in the context of subjective truths, yet,
who am I to tell you that you ought to have thicker skin? But, the converse is true too: who are
you to tell me that I ought to be a bit more sensitive regarding your ability to handle pranks that
feature your adherence to any particular subjective truth?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/07/17 4:10pm

Dasein

morningsong said:

If that's the only I'll ever have to put up with regarding my religion compared to the many things other religious people around the world have to deal with, then I'll take it gladly and keep rolling. Whining about every little thing is counterproductive.


Yeah, but this is clearly not a "little thing" for TRUECHRISTIAN, so, I think your post speaks to
his/her issue here: s/he is sensitive regarding some components of her faith.

How do we begin to tell someone, with justification, how and when and why they ought to not
care about something we perceive as being picayune when they do not?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/07/17 4:22pm

morningsong

avatar

Dasein said:

morningsong said:

If that's the only I'll ever have to put up with regarding my religion compared to the many things other religious people around the world have to deal with, then I'll take it gladly and keep rolling. Whining about every little thing is counterproductive.


Yeah, but this is clearly not a "little thing" for TRUECHRISTIAN, so, I think your post speaks to
his/her issue here: s/he is sensitive regarding some components of her faith.

How do we begin to tell someone, with justification, how and when and why they ought to not
care about something we perceive as being picayune when they do not?



Uh, no. Whining to be whining and validating every single thing about what somebody feels like whining about is like giving everybody a prize for participating, makes you weak. As a christian if you fall apart because "the world" pokes a little fun at you then you can't be an effective soldier. Sit your azz on the sidelines because there is too much work to do in the field.




0 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/07/17 4:43pm

Dasein

morningsong said:

Dasein said:


Yeah, but this is clearly not a "little thing" for TRUECHRISTIAN, so, I think your post speaks to
his/her issue here: s/he is sensitive regarding some components of her faith.

How do we begin to tell someone, with justification, how and when and why they ought to not
care about something we perceive as being picayune when they do not?



Uh, no. Whining to be whining and validating every single thing about what somebody feels like whining about is like giving everybody a prize for participating, makes you weak. As a christian if you fall apart because "the world" pokes a little fun at you then you can't be an effective soldier. Sit your azz on the sidelines because there is too much work to do in the field.




0 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.


Why are you assuming you know what TRUECHRISTIAN's motivation is, as you say s/he is "whining
to be whining."? It could be the case that s/he is not whining to be whining but truly perturbed by
what s/he perceives as a sleight. Essentially, your argument here is utterly dismissive and patroni-
zing:

Speaker A: Your actions and words just hurt me.
Speaker B: Uh, no. I don't think my actions and words should have hurt you; stop acting like a bitch.

And we don't know if TRUECHRISTIAN is "falling apart" either. You are making too many assumptions
here and I'm not sure if there is any justification stronger than "Hey, it's just my own sensitivities here
I'm appealing to" when answering how we begin to tell someone how and when and why they ought
to not care about something we perceive as being picayune when they do not. You did post this scrip-
ture from Ephesians that I was also going to mention, so TRUECHRISTIAN could use chapter six's en-
couragement here to heart.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/07/17 4:47pm

morningsong

avatar

yawn

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/07/17 4:58pm

Dasein

morningsong said:

yawn


As I suspected.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/07/17 6:08pm

morningsong

avatar

Dasein said:

morningsong said:

yawn


As I suspected.



I have no idea what you suspected, but I have no intention of getting into a long drawn out debate over a truecristian thread, especially when this particular person has a history of hit and run comments and hasn't put much effort into giving any feedback whatsoever toward any of their threads. Those were my hit and run comments.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/08/17 12:36am

TRUECRISTIAN

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > I am Cristian and that prank is offensive for me