independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 18th Dec 2018 9:25pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > GOP's Steve King- White Supremacist
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/19/18 9:06am

jjhunsecker

avatar

GOP's Steve King- White Supremacist

You know why so many people consider Conservatives and Republicans to be racists and bigots ? Because they keep electing men like Steve King of Iowa, and he receives NO criticism or censure from any other Republican- just excuses and dissembling.



https://www.huffingtonpos...45f1784ebe

On June 12, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) tweeted: “Europe is waking up... Will America... in time?” and linked to an anti-immigrant tweet by a well-known British neo-Nazi named Mark Collett.

A month later, the tweet is still there.

King told CNN that he had no plans to delete the tweet. Just because Collett might be a neo-Nazi, King argued, doesn’t mean his tweet about immigration is wrong. “I mean, it’s the message, not the messenger,” King said.

It’s not surprising that the eight-term congressman from Iowa retweeted a neo-Nazi. King has a long history of making terrible, bigoted comments. (He’s the one who said Dreamers ― young undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children ― have calves the size of cantaloupes “because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.”)

What is surprising, and concerning, is that a sitting U.S. congressman can unapologetically promote a neo-Nazi’s propaganda on Twitter without real political consequence. Over the past month, none of King’s fellow Republicans have pushed to censure him or expel him from Congress. None have called for him to resign. Mostly, they have stayed quiet.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/19/18 9:36am

RodeoSchro

avatar

He doesn't even try to hide it, and never has. A disgusting pig. Which says some very bad things about the kind of people in Iowa.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/19/18 9:39am

jjhunsecker

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

He doesn't even try to hide it, and never has. A disgusting pig. Which says some very bad things about the kind of people in Iowa.

Not only his constituents, but his fellow GOP lawmakers as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/19/18 10:00am

2elijah

avatar

He’s always been open about his hatred towards certain immigrants and has never seem to hide his racist views. I guess he has a desperate need to feel more important than other humans.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/19/18 10:30am

hausofmoi7

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

You know why so many people consider Conservatives and Republicans to be racists and bigots ? Because they keep electing men like Steve King



JJ, perhaps there is something about conservatism and capitalism that is conducive to racism, bigotry and supramacism.

If you don't believe that all humans are equals, then you are likely to be drawn to capitalism and the opportunity that the system presents with its in built need for an underclass and marginalised group.

During the Charlottesville coverage Peter Joseph made the following observation about white supramacism.

"One unique thing (amongst many) about this coverage is how often the word "communism" was mentioned by bigots. It is interesting to see racist ideologies carry-over into capitalist sympathies. Of course, this makes perfect sense since the model of markets promotes inequality while any notion of equality is naturally unwanted by those with a racist and bigoted mindset.

Capitalism simply promotes and reinforces bigotry" - Peter Joesph








.
[Edited 7/19/18 12:08pm]
"It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non-violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection" – Lesley Hazleton on the first muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/19/18 12:26pm

poppys

Mediaite July 26th, 2013

Colbert Embraces Steve King’s Immigrants As Dogs Analogy: ‘I’ve Already Got One Digging In My Yard’


See the source image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/23/18 7:25am

jjhunsecker

avatar

hausofmoi7 said:

jjhunsecker said:

You know why so many people consider Conservatives and Republicans to be racists and bigots ? Because they keep electing men like Steve King

JJ, perhaps there is something about conservatism and capitalism that is conducive to racism, bigotry and supramacism. If you don't believe that all humans are equals, then you are likely to be drawn to capitalism and the opportunity that the system presents with its in built need for an underclass and marginalised group. During the Charlottesville coverage Peter Joseph made the following observation about white supramacism.
"One unique thing (amongst many) about this coverage is how often the word "communism" was mentioned by bigots. It is interesting to see racist ideologies carry-over into capitalist sympathies. Of course, this makes perfect sense since the model of markets promotes inequality while any notion of equality is naturally unwanted by those with a racist and bigoted mindset. Capitalism simply promotes and reinforces bigotry" - Peter Joesph
. [Edited 7/19/18 12:08pm]

I personally suspect it has more to do with conservatism than capitalism. Not every conservative is a bigot, but almost every bigot is a "conservatiive" and a Republican...that's a fact

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > GOP's Steve King- White Supremacist