independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 17th Nov 2018 3:16pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Megyn Kelly out on "Today Show"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/25/18 8:52am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Megyn Kelly out on "Today Show"


You can take the girl out of Fox News, but you can't take the Fox News out of the girl.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/25/18 8:59am

jjhunsecker

avatar

RodeoSchro said:


You can take the girl out of Fox News, but you can't take the Fox News out of the girl.

The type of racist horsehit that is accepted at Fox (such as "Santa and Jesus are White"), does not play out in a wider mainstream medium that appeals to a more diverse audience.

The few times that I have seen her studio audience, it looks like entirely White people. When you see the audiences at "The View" or "Ellen" or "Kelly and Ryan", or "Rachel Ray", or almost every other show , and the audiences are way more diverse.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/25/18 9:00am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I may have to scotch my black face costume.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/25/18 9:23am

jjhunsecker

avatar

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/25/18 9:25am

jjhunsecker

avatar

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/25/18 9:29am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I think we're beyond the point of having to educate anyone why blackface is racist.

Bottom line is that anyone who thinks blackface is OK under any circumstance is a racist. No doubt, no debate.

Megyn Kelly is a racist.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/25/18 9:30am

jjhunsecker

avatar

A very interesting discussion

[Edited 10/25/18 9:50am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/25/18 9:46am

poppys

Always click past her. Even when she was front and center on the Kavanaugh hearing, retch. Can't believe another network thought it was a good idea to sit her out in the parlor after her Fox news spews were so awful. NBC lost that one, thankfully.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/25/18 10:13am

PennyPurple

avatar

Good. Hopefully she won't come in thru the out door to another network.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/25/18 10:23am

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

A very interesting discussion


This was really good JJ. It explained a lot of things well that all white people need to understand and how to proceed going forward with costumes and such. Great backstory and history too. I guess the upshot of her being so dense was a needed segment like this.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/25/18 10:30am

RodeoSchro

avatar

poppys said:

jjhunsecker said:

A very interesting discussion


This was really good JJ. It explained a lot of things well that all white people need to understand and how to proceed going forward with costumes and such. Great backstory and history too. I guess the upshot of her being so dense was a needed segment like this.





I'm sure that was a great discussion. I've heard good things about it.

But it should NOT have included Megyn Kelly. She's a grown, educated woman whose been in the public arena her entire adult life.

She knew better. She showed her true self. She is a racist.

No explanation of history, no treaful apology is going to change that fact.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/25/18 10:39am

Musicslave

It's funny how being decent or respectful to people now is considered being, "Politically Correct."

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/25/18 10:40am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Po white woman aww

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/25/18 10:47am

poppys

RodeoSchro said:

poppys said:


This was really good JJ. It explained a lot of things well that all white people need to understand and how to proceed going forward with costumes and such. Great backstory and history too. I guess the upshot of her being so dense was a needed segment like this.





I'm sure that was a great discussion. I've heard good things about it.

But it should NOT have included Megyn Kelly. She's a grown, educated woman whose been in the public arena her entire adult life.

She knew better. She showed her true self. She is a racist.

No explanation of history, no treaful apology is going to change that fact.


Probably wouldn't have watched that myself but JJ always posts good stuff. It is African Americans speaking about the issue and she doesn't talk very much or cry. Too bad this is what it took to have a substantive discussion.

I do think they should can her, not just her show. And not just switch her from "soft news" to something else like is being spun today. She's had her 5 minutes. Bring back Tamron Hall!!! That's who got dumped for this loser girl.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/25/18 10:55am

RodeoSchro

avatar

poppys said:

RodeoSchro said:




I'm sure that was a great discussion. I've heard good things about it.

But it should NOT have included Megyn Kelly. She's a grown, educated woman whose been in the public arena her entire adult life.

She knew better. She showed her true self. She is a racist.

No explanation of history, no treaful apology is going to change that fact.


Probably wouldn't have watched that myself but JJ always posts good stuff. It is African Americans speaking about the issue and she doesn't talk very much or cry. Too bad this is what it took to have a substantive discussion.

I do think they should can her, not just her show. And not just switch her from "soft news" to something else like is being spun today. She's had her 5 minutes. Bring back Tamron Hall!!! That's who got dumped for this loser girl.




Yep.

I think the best thing would be to just shitcan her immediately. I would NOT have given her a chance to apologize. In fact, I would never let her on my network again, and I would tell the public that.

These racists need to know there's a Zero Tolerance policy on this. You don't get to drop your race bomb, then get all tearful and sorry.

Nope. You do shit like this and you are DONE. No discussion. No apology. DONE.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/25/18 10:59am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

Well, I guess it’s back to Fox News. lol
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/25/18 11:34am

onlyforaminute

I wasn't watching this episode, but there have been many times I've seen her and she's slowly nudging that envelope to the edge of the table. I knew it was a matter of time.



Now what, I wonder?

"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/25/18 11:43am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

I wasn't watching this episode, but there have been many times I've seen her and she's slowly nudging that envelope to the edge of the table. I knew it was a matter of time.



Now what, I wonder?



She’s still hot. That’s all that matters when it comes to “most” right-wing women in the media. She’ll be fine. She’ll just be back on Fox News showing a little more leg is all.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/25/18 11:59am

onlyforaminute

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

onlyforaminute said:

I wasn't watching this episode, but there have been many times I've seen her and she's slowly nudging that envelope to the edge of the table. I knew it was a matter of time.



Now what, I wonder?

She’s still hot. That’s all that matters when it comes to “most” right-wing women in the media. She’ll be fine. She’ll just be back on Fox News showing a little more leg is all.



Ok, I'll take your word for it. I highly doubt she'll lose this job though everything is all about pushing people's buttons for ratings clicks or whatever, granted her ratings haven't been all that good, so that might be the bigger issue not what she said.

"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/25/18 12:35pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

https://www.cnn.com/2018/...index.html

Awaiting the offical word:

Kelly did not host her show as scheduled on Thursday morning. The network replaced her live telecast with a pre-taped episode.
"Given the circumstances, Megyn Kelly Today will be on tape the rest of the week," an NBC News spokeswoman said Thursday morning.
Another source said that Kelly's show will be ending, but negotiations about the end date and other details are still underway.
She is scheduled to participate in the network's midterm election night coverage in two weeks, but now that is up in the air.
Kelly has parted ways with her talent agency, CAA, according to the sources, and she has hired attorney Bryan Freedman. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Freedman is scheduled to meet with NBC executives on Friday.
The decision to retain a lawyer may signal a lengthy battle over her contract, which is reportedly valued at $23 million a year. She is in the middle of the second year of a three year contract.
The talks about dropping Kelly's 9 a.m. show pre-dated this week's controversy about her offensive comments about blackface Halloween costumes.



I mean - she obsessed about Santa being white... what did we all expect from her? shrug
"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/25/18 1:11pm

onlyforaminute

DiminutiveRocker said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/...index.html

Awaiting the offical word:

Kelly did not host her show as scheduled on Thursday morning. The network replaced her live telecast with a pre-taped episode.
"Given the circumstances, Megyn Kelly Today will be on tape the rest of the week," an NBC News spokeswoman said Thursday morning.
Another source said that Kelly's show will be ending, but negotiations about the end date and other details are still underway.
She is scheduled to participate in the network's midterm election night coverage in two weeks, but now that is up in the air.
Kelly has parted ways with her talent agency, CAA, according to the sources, and she has hired attorney Bryan Freedman. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Freedman is scheduled to meet with NBC executives on Friday.
The decision to retain a lawyer may signal a lengthy battle over her contract, which is reportedly valued at $23 million a year. She is in the middle of the second year of a three year contract.
The talks about dropping Kelly's 9 a.m. show pre-dated this week's controversy about her offensive comments about blackface Halloween costumes.



I mean - she obsessed about Santa being white... what did we all expect from her? shrug



I'm surprised. Her ratings must be truly in the toilet to get bumped out.

"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/25/18 1:17pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

onlyforaminute said:

I wasn't watching this episode, but there have been many times I've seen her and she's slowly nudging that envelope to the edge of the table. I knew it was a matter of time.



Now what, I wonder?

She’s still hot. That’s all that matters when it comes to “most” right-wing women in the media. She’ll be fine. She’ll just be back on Fox News showing a little more leg is all.

I never found her "hot'- that Eva Braun look never lifted my loins

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/25/18 1:20pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

www.huffingtonpost.com/en...bc948748af

"The controversy may prove to be an important empathy lesson for Kelly. Yet the former Fox News host has faced similar criticisms ever since joining NBC. Her initial appointment to “Today” displaced two black hosts ― Tamron Hall, who left the show, and Al Roker, who surrendered the third-hour slot to Kelly.

She had also just left a conservative network where she, at various times, laughed at a transgender inmate’s appearance, called the gender pay gap a “meme” and stirred more than a few controversies on racial issues."

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/25/18 1:33pm

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

www.huffingtonpost.com/en...bc948748af

"The controversy may prove to be an important empathy lesson for Kelly. Yet the former Fox News host has faced similar criticisms ever since joining NBC. Her initial appointment to “Today” displaced two black hosts ― Tamron Hall, who left the show, and Al Roker, who surrendered the third-hour slot to Kelly.

She had also just left a conservative network where she, at various times, laughed at a transgender inmate’s appearance, called the gender pay gap a “meme” and stirred more than a few controversies on racial issues."

I read that when Tamron and Al were holding down that hour, the powers that be said it was "too black", just like Roland Martin was discussing in your clip upthread. That was the only time I ever watched Today.

Sarah Gilbert (paraphrasing) said Kelly keeps doing this and then apologzing so what's to believe anymore? Roseanne got the boot and she made far more money for her network than this disaster. What are they waiting for? Fire her azz and take the loss.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/25/18 1:34pm

13cjk13

jjhunsecker said:

www.huffingtonpost.com/en...bc948748af

"The controversy may prove to be an important empathy lesson for Kelly. Yet the former Fox News host has faced similar criticisms ever since joining NBC. Her initial appointment to “Today” displaced two black hosts ― Tamron Hall, who left the show, and Al Roker, who surrendered the third-hour slot to Kelly.

She had also just left a conservative network where she, at various times, laughed at a transgender inmate’s appearance, called the gender pay gap a “meme” and stirred more than a few controversies on racial issues."

In other words, the perfect right winger.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/25/18 2:07pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

She's toast

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/25/18 3:07pm

onlyforaminute

Welp, bye Meagan. I honestly thought this was going to slide by too.

"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/25/18 3:15pm

EmmaMcG

jjhunsecker said:



RodeoSchro said:



You can take the girl out of Fox News, but you can't take the Fox News out of the girl.




The type of racist horsehit that is accepted at Fox (such as "Santa and Jesus are White"), does not play out in a wider mainstream medium that appeals to a more diverse audience.



The few times that I have seen her studio audience, it looks like entirely White people. When you see the audiences at "The View" or "Ellen" or "Kelly and Ryan", or "Rachel Ray", or almost every other show , and the audiences are way more diverse.



I don't mean to go off topic here but Fox News are actually right about one thing. Santa IS white. I've seen loads of pictures of him and he's definitely white. I've seen him in movies and again, he's white. Besides, he lives in Lapland, right? That's in Finland and I've been to Finland and there are very few non-white people there. So, Santa is white.

I gave nothing to say about Jesus because he's just a fictional character. Therefore, he can be any colour. White, black, green, whatever.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/25/18 3:24pm

poppys

EmmaMcG said:

jjhunsecker said:

The type of racist horsehit that is accepted at Fox (such as "Santa and Jesus are White"), does not play out in a wider mainstream medium that appeals to a more diverse audience.

The few times that I have seen her studio audience, it looks like entirely White people. When you see the audiences at "The View" or "Ellen" or "Kelly and Ryan", or "Rachel Ray", or almost every other show , and the audiences are way more diverse.


I don't mean to go off topic here but Fox News are actually right about one thing. Santa IS white. I've seen loads of pictures of him and he's definitely white. I've seen him in movies and again, he's white. Besides, he lives in Lapland, right? That's in Finland and I've been to Finland and there are very few non-white people there. So, Santa is white. I gave nothing to say about Jesus because he's just a fictional character. Therefore, he can be any colour. White, black, green, whatever.


Are you joking?


[Edited 10/25/18 16:55pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/25/18 3:24pm

MoBettaBliss

EmmaMcG said:

jjhunsecker said:

The type of racist horsehit that is accepted at Fox (such as "Santa and Jesus are White"), does not play out in a wider mainstream medium that appeals to a more diverse audience.

The few times that I have seen her studio audience, it looks like entirely White people. When you see the audiences at "The View" or "Ellen" or "Kelly and Ryan", or "Rachel Ray", or almost every other show , and the audiences are way more diverse.

I don't mean to go off topic here but Fox News are actually right about one thing. Santa IS white. I've seen loads of pictures of him and he's definitely white. I've seen him in movies and again, he's white. Besides, he lives in Lapland, right? That's in Finland and I've been to Finland and there are very few non-white people there. So, Santa is white. I gave nothing to say about Jesus because he's just a fictional character. Therefore, he can be any colour. White, black, green, whatever.


lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Megyn Kelly out on "Today Show"