independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 17th Nov 2018 3:16pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > recent school physical altercations
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/08/18 10:33am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

recent school physical altercations

Along with the California teacher that was assaulted and fought him:

https://www.baltimoresun....story.html

.

there is recent Douglas High School in Baltimore Maryland high school student who punch an older female teacher who just came back from cancer surgery:

.

and another of two female students jumping an older female teacher in class

I don't have a good vid link for this one yet, but its bad

..

..

What needs to happen differently? In the immediate space for teachers to be safe and not abused?

I think they need to be taught self defense and karate, along with trained to carry guns.

Because this shit doesn't make a bit of sense. And the mindset to protect the kids over the teachers and other students is sickening.

.

I think that it seems like the overwhelming majority of people are supporting the teacher, says a lot. I think the school district(s) need to pay attention and hear what people are saying. And the amount of money raised to assist the teacher via a GoFund me

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/08/18 11:13am

maplenpg

OldFriends4Sale said:

Along with the California teacher that was assaulted and fought him:

there is recent Douglas High School in Baltimore Maryland high school student who punch an older female teacher who just came back from cancer surgery:

and another of two female students jumping an older female teacher in class

I don't have a good vid link for this one yet, but its bad

..

..

What needs to happen differently? In the immediate space for teachers to be safe and not abused?

I think they need to be taught self defense and karate, along with trained to carry guns.

Because this shit doesn't make a bit of sense. And the mindset to protect the kids over the teachers and other students is sickening.

.

I think that it seems like the overwhelming majority of people are supporting the teacher, says a lot. I think the school district(s) need to pay attention and hear what people are saying. And the amount of money raised to assist the teacher via a GoFund me

As an ex-teacher, it's difficult. And there are loads of professions that suffer physical abuse, such as nurses etc... My personal worry is that more and more kids are doing this stuff in order to be excluded, either temporarily or permanantly, from school. Which is troubling if that seems like their best option. I wonder if we should rethink whether schools should be farming kids through a factory-like education? After all, one size doesn't fit all. I have to say some parents don't help either.

It never ceases to amaze me how cruel humans can be against fellow humans and animals, especially when in the pursuit of money and power.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/08/18 1:33pm

Dalia11

I think cameras need to be installed in the classrooms and more security in the schools. Also, many teachers need to take psychology classes, that would help them to deal better with kids!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/08/18 1:43pm

Dalia11

I saw on TV anothet day a male music teacher was beating up a kid in the classroom. The teacher should have called security not beat up the kid. Violence is not solved with violence!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/08/18 4:01pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Dalia11 said:

I saw on TV anothet day a male music teacher was beating up a kid in the classroom. The teacher should have called security not beat up the kid. Violence is not solved with violence!

what were the circumstances? what led up to it?

.

People do have a right naturally and by law to defend themselves.
.
I mean, there are people with issues out there, who want to hurt others, if all the good people take up the stance that they are not violent, they get run over by the violent.

Too many people as a result freeze and become victims.

The kids in the situations I provided, are extracting violence on the teachers, being peaceful will not stop or solve the immediate violence being inflicted.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/08/18 4:12pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

maplenpg said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Along with the California teacher that was assaulted and fought him:

there is recent Douglas High School in Baltimore Maryland high school student who punch an older female teacher who just came back from cancer surgery:

and another of two female students jumping an older female teacher in class

I don't have a good vid link for this one yet, but its bad

..

..

What needs to happen differently? In the immediate space for teachers to be safe and not abused?

I think they need to be taught self defense and karate, along with trained to carry guns.

Because this shit doesn't make a bit of sense. And the mindset to protect the kids over the teachers and other students is sickening.

.

I think that it seems like the overwhelming majority of people are supporting the teacher, says a lot. I think the school district(s) need to pay attention and hear what people are saying. And the amount of money raised to assist the teacher via a GoFund me

As an ex-teacher, it's difficult. And there are loads of professions that suffer physical abuse, such as nurses etc... My personal worry is that more and more kids are doing this stuff in order to be excluded, either temporarily or permanantly, from school. Which is troubling if that seems like their best option. I wonder if we should rethink whether schools should be farming kids through a factory-like education? After all, one size doesn't fit all. I have to say some parents don't help either.

Right, caregivers, nurses, bus matrons...

It definately is in that teen age group that you see it happening, and of course with the kids that don't know what they want to do with their life or future options

I think trade schools nned to come back especially for boys.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/08/18 4:30pm

Purplestar88

Things like this is nothing new. These kids think teachers are punching bags. These kids think it's ok to cruse and hit the teacher and the teacher should stand there and take it.

[Edited 11/8/18 18:44pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/08/18 4:31pm

Dalia11

OldFriends4Sale said:



Dalia11 said:


I saw on TV anothet day a male music teacher was beating up a kid in the classroom. The teacher should have called security not beat up the kid. Violence is not solved with violence!



what were the circumstances? what led up to it?


.


People do have a right naturally and by law to defend themselves.
.
I mean, there are people with issues out there, who want to hurt others, if all the good people take up the stance that they are not violent, they get run over by the violent.


Too many people as a result freeze and become victims.


The kids in the situations I provided, are extracting violence on the teachers, being peaceful will not stop or solve the immediate violence being inflicted.



They did not say all the info about the situation. True the teachers have a right to defend themselves.

Many teachers in public schools need to have knowledge in psychology and child psychology also to help prevent violent situations!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/08/18 4:36pm

Dalia11

And I am from Brooklyn. Some of the parents will not be sympathetic to a teacher beating up their kid.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/08/18 4:55pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Purplestar88 said:

Things like this is nothing new. These kids think teachers are punching bags. These kids think it's ok to cruse and hit the teacher and the teacher stood stand there and take it.

Nothing is really new under the sun as far as humans are concerned.

But there was a time when kids assaulting teachers, was not happening like we see now, and also there was a time that the teacher the nun the principle etc could paddle the child. We are also living in a time when it is almost illegal for parents to spank their child and children can call the cops on their parents. So a lot of this is new. And the coddling of these kids and their behaviour is making it worse.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/08/18 5:00pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Dalia11 said:

And I am from Brooklyn. Some of the parents will not be sympathetic to a teacher beating up their kid.

I'm from New York too

.

the overwhelming response by people are in support of the teacher in the first case parents are supporting him.

.

A teacher that just beats up a kid of course I would not support. But if that (their) kid assaulted a teacher, (their) kids gets what he/she put themselves in the place of.

.

Did you see the 2nd vid of the big boy punching the older lady? He probably beats his own mother.
Some of these kids have parents that will come to the school to fight the teacher.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/08/18 5:36pm

Dalia11

No. And parents need to take psychology classes to.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/08/18 7:02pm

Purplestar88

OldFriends4Sale said:

Purplestar88 said:

Things like this is nothing new. These kids think teachers are punching bags. These kids think it's ok to cruse and hit the teacher and the teacher stood stand there and take it.

Nothing is really new under the sun as far as humans are concerned.

But there was a time when kids assaulting teachers, was not happening like we see now, and also there was a time that the teacher the nun the principle etc could paddle the child. We are also living in a time when it is almost illegal for parents to spank their child and children can call the cops on their parents. So a lot of this is new. And the coddling of these kids and their behaviour is making it worse.

There you have it. That is part of the issue. There is a increase of behavior issues in the classroom. Some of these children don't fear adults or consequences.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/08/18 8:40pm

PennyPurple

avatar

My 25 year old daughter is in her 4th year of teaching 2nd grade in a suburban school district. Some of her 7-8 year olds are bigger then she is. You can not believe the things she goes thru and it's not just with the kids but the parents too.


The teachers put up with a lot. Other 2nd grade teachers that she teaches with have been kicked so hard that it broke the teachers leg, while the teacher was down on the ground with the broken leg the same child was choking her. The school would not do anything with the child and the teacher finally filed a police report. The same child was kept in her class.


One child would cuss the other children, hit them, go to lost and found every morning to 'claim' the lost items, he said that his dad told him he could claim the items after 24 hours of being unclaimed.

This same child also said he was going to bring a knife to school so he can stab his pregnant teacher and cut her baby out. This child is 8. The same child also claimed that he wanted to be a police officer when he grew up, my daughter told him that is a very good thing to be, why did he want to be a police officer? He replied, "so I can shoot people"...

Parents of these children do not believe that their little angels can possibly do anything wrong. So they are just as much a problem as their kids.

Several things need to happen here. The administrators need to take control and not allow the teachers to be abused. These kids I've mentioned above weren't even suspended.


The kids need disciplined. This is not happening in the home and it is carrying thru to the classrooms.

The teachers aren't there to discipline your child they are there to teach that child.


As far as teachers carrying guns, I don't think that is the answer. I for one know that my daughter would not carry a gun nor would she use it, to kill a child. The teachers should be able to have other weapons in their classrooms such as pepper spray, but they are not allowed to.


The school district that my daughter works for, as I'm sure most have shooter training where they watch films and such.....this year was the 1st year they had active shooter training in this school district, LE came in with guns and in the high schools fired blanks, in the elementary schools they beat 2 boards together to simulate gun shots. My daughter and other teachers were scared shitless.


These schools really need to do more to protect the teachers and the students. Sometimes the 1 entry doesn't work.


What is different this day and age, then when I was in school? I'm 55. My parents put the fear of God in me that if I got into trouble at school that it would be 10 times worse on me when I got home, and that they would not take my side against the teacher, the teacher was always right. These days the parents just do not care.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/08/18 9:38pm

Dalia11

The kids that are getting abused at home are often the ones who are violent in school. It takes a village everybody has to care. And yes there are parents who do not care about how their child behaves. That is why some people should not have kids!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/09/18 6:05am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Dalia11 said:

The kids that are getting abused at home are often the ones who are violent in school. It takes a village everybody has to care. And yes there are parents who do not care about how their child behaves. That is why some people should not have kids!

Yes, some kids are being abused at home, some are neglected/ignored/left to their own devices.

But some are just wired wrong, some are just bullies. I know we don't like to consider it today, but people and kids also choose to do bad things. Sometimes they are just rebellious and go against what their parents and family are teaching.

.

Yes we all should care, but there has to be respect before (love). And peoples safety should always come before a kid acting out. Kids should not have to come to school and be subject to wild behaviour, teachers should not have to fear being fired because they spoke to lil Julie wrong or have to deal with big lil John punching them in the face.

.

Yes we should try to help the troubled kid, but to often, people are taking a social worker type mentality. Just shuffle the kid around, or just ignore it or many other crazy resolves.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/09/18 6:06am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Purplestar88 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Nothing is really new under the sun as far as humans are concerned.

But there was a time when kids assaulting teachers, was not happening like we see now, and also there was a time that the teacher the nun the principle etc could paddle the child. We are also living in a time when it is almost illegal for parents to spank their child and children can call the cops on their parents. So a lot of this is new. And the coddling of these kids and their behaviour is making it worse.

There you have it. That is part of the issue. There is a increase of behavior issues in the classroom. Some of these children don't fear adults or consequences.

Right, and if they have escalated to attacking adults, they've already being assaulting other students/children.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/09/18 6:32am

EmmaMcG

This is tame compared to my old school. There was constant violence by students towards teachers and other students. A lot of the kids are just wild. They don't respond to threats of suspension or expulsion. Most teachers just stopped trying to punish the more unruly kids and left them to it.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/09/18 7:35am

Dalia11

I will will follow Trump on social media. I am a Democrat. However, he is a Gemini. I have to communicate the importance of having a law that teachers in public schools need to know about psychology. That can prevent violence in the schools and at the children's home. The idea being: to solve the problem as opposed to adding to it/making it worse!
[Edited 11/9/18 7:36am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/09/18 7:40am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Dalia11 said:

I will will follow Trump on social media. I am a Democrat. However, he is a Gemini. I have to communicate the importance of having a law that teachers in public schools need to know about psychology. That can prevent violence in the schools and at the children's home. The idea being: to solve the problem as opposed to adding to it/making it worse! [Edited 11/9/18 7:36am]

I don't understand parts of your post.

.

I agree that teachers should know about psychology, many probably do. But the problem doesn't start at school.
If I had my way, you would have to register in a class before bringing a child into this world. But of course still too many people are 'making pregnancy mistakes' in 2018 with all the options of prevention. This latter part makes the problems of our society worse and generally increases poverty and abuses. Way before it gets to schools.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/09/18 8:06am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Sharp on points there lady

The teachers aren't there to discipline your child they are there to teach that child.

I'm hearing the sentiment from a lot of the absentee parents who feel the school and teachers are supposed to do a lot of the stuff the parent is supposed to do. And then if the teacher does, they get verbally or physically assaulted by the parents.

PennyPurple said:

My 25 year old daughter is in her 4th year of teaching 2nd grade in a suburban school district. Some of her 7-8 year olds are bigger then she is. You can not believe the things she goes thru and it's not just with the kids but the parents too.


The teachers put up with a lot. Other 2nd grade teachers that she teaches with have been kicked so hard that it broke the teachers leg, while the teacher was down on the ground with the broken leg the same child was choking her. The school would not do anything with the child and the teacher finally filed a police report. The same child was kept in her class.


One child would cuss the other children, hit them, go to lost and found every morning to 'claim' the lost items, he said that his dad told him he could claim the items after 24 hours of being unclaimed.

This same child also said he was going to bring a knife to school so he can stab his pregnant teacher and cut her baby out. This child is 8. The same child also claimed that he wanted to be a police officer when he grew up, my daughter told him that is a very good thing to be, why did he want to be a police officer? He replied, "so I can shoot people"...

Parents of these children do not believe that their little angels can possibly do anything wrong. So they are just as much a problem as their kids.

Several things need to happen here. The administrators need to take control and not allow the teachers to be abused. These kids I've mentioned above weren't even suspended.


The kids need disciplined. This is not happening in the home and it is carrying thru to the classrooms.

The teachers aren't there to discipline your child they are there to teach that child.


As far as teachers carrying guns, I don't think that is the answer. I for one know that my daughter would not carry a gun nor would she use it, to kill a child. The teachers should be able to have other weapons in their classrooms such as pepper spray, but they are not allowed to.


The school district that my daughter works for, as I'm sure most have shooter training where they watch films and such.....this year was the 1st year they had active shooter training in this school district, LE came in with guns and in the high schools fired blanks, in the elementary schools they beat 2 boards together to simulate gun shots. My daughter and other teachers were scared shitless.


These schools really need to do more to protect the teachers and the students. Sometimes the 1 entry doesn't work.


What is different this day and age, then when I was in school? I'm 55. My parents put the fear of God in me that if I got into trouble at school that it would be 10 times worse on me when I got home, and that they would not take my side against the teacher, the teacher was always right. These days the parents just do not care.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/09/18 8:37am

Dalia11

And then there are teachers who abuse kids: physically, sexually, verbally, mentally! I am in my mid 40s, I had great teachers in NY. Things have changed over the years.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/09/18 8:37am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Is OF4S tamping up racism?

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/09/18 8:56am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

2freaky4church1 said:

Is OF4S tamping up racism?

what are you talking about. Race has nothing to do with this.

you like to drop questionable posts and never respond. So I hope you clarify what you mean, so it isn't a baiting post...

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/09/18 9:07am

Dalia11

Race is often a factor too! One of my best friend's for example, she is from Guyana. He daughter was verbally abused by a white female teacher a few years ago. And my other friends told things over the years. And if a person does not like kids, they should get another job!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/09/18 9:15am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Dalia11 said:

Race is often a factor too! One of my best friend's for example, she is from Guyana. He daughter was verbally abused by a white female teacher a few years ago. And my other friends told things over the years. And if a person does not like kids, they should get another job!

It might be, but no one brought up race, so I don't know what 2freaky is talking about and hope/need for him to answer.

All the pieces I posted in the OP had different ethnicities, but all the same situations, which is why raec has nothing to do with these in general for me.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/09/18 10:01am

PennyPurple

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

It might be, but no one brought up race, so I don't know what 2freaky is talking about and hope/need for him to answer.

All the pieces I posted in the OP had different ethnicities, but all the same situations, which is why raec has nothing to do with these in general for me.

Yeah I don't get where race came from either. sad

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/09/18 10:05am

Dalia11

Ok people, it is imperative for everyone to know about the five main perspectives of psychology:

Biological, cognitive, learning, sociocultural, and psychodynamic.

I am fond of the psychodynamic perspective. And I like some of what Freud revealed.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/09/18 10:35am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Dalia11 said:

Ok people, it is imperative for everyone to know about the five main perspectives of psychology: Biological, cognitive, learning, sociocultural, and psychodynamic. I am fond of the psychodynamic perspective. And I like some of what Freud revealed.

Interesting, so let's start a thread on it where we can go in depth.

I subscribe to Psychology Today magazine

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/09/18 11:02am

Dalia11

I will when I have time! And if someone can start a thread about sociology that would be great. I took an intro to sociology class when I was 20 something(a long time ago).
[Edited 11/10/18 10:26am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > recent school physical altercations