independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Jul 2017 5:30am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > ANDRE CYMONE & THE NPG perform "Hot Thing"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/03/17 8:58am

Latin

ANDRE CYMONE & THE NPG perform "Hot Thing"

Andre Cymone posted the following on Instagram of him and The NPG performing "Hot Thing":

https://www.instagram.com...B9aH5hDYw/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/03/17 11:04am

PennyPurple

avatar

Notice on the instagram reply's that someone mentioned Andre writing 'Do Me Baby'. That's the song that P took credit for that Andre supposedly wrote. P took full credit for the song.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/03/17 12:30pm

laurarichardso
n

PennyPurple said:

Notice on the instagram reply's that someone mentioned Andre writing 'Do Me Baby'. That's the song that P took credit for that Andre supposedly wrote. P took full credit for the song.

Andre stole Do Me Baby from Eddie Hazel Frantic Moment. He also needs to take it up with the copyright office because he will never see a dime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvrsfppWZyU

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/03/17 1:36pm

PennyPurple

avatar

^Hey skip me. Do not reply to my posts, do not quote me.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/03/17 1:40pm

SoulAlive

laurarichardson said:

PennyPurple said:

Notice on the instagram reply's that someone mentioned Andre writing 'Do Me Baby'. That's the song that P took credit for that Andre supposedly wrote. P took full credit for the song.

Andre stole Do Me Baby from Eddie Hazel Frantic Moment. He also needs to take it up with the copyright office because he will never see a dime.

well,if you believe that the music on "Do Me,Baby" really comes from that Eddie Hazel song,isn't Prince guilty of stealing music? He is the one who recorded "Do Me,Baby",not Andre hmmm

....

[Edited 7/3/17 13:42pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/03/17 7:39pm

laurarichardso
n

SoulAlive said:



laurarichardson said:




PennyPurple said:


Notice on the instagram reply's that someone mentioned Andre writing 'Do Me Baby'. That's the song that P took credit for that Andre supposedly wrote. P took full credit for the song.



Andre stole Do Me Baby from Eddie Hazel Frantic Moment. He also needs to take it up with the copyright office because he will never see a dime.







well,if you believe that the music on "Do Me,Baby" really comes from that Eddie Hazel song,isn't Prince guilty of stealing music? He is the one who recorded "Do Me,Baby",not Andre hmmm




....

[Edited 7/3/17 13:42pm]


Andre claimed he wrote it so if he wrote it he stole it but it is interesting that he has not opened his mouth about this in over 30 years and he is now standing on the stage singing Prince's songs.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/03/17 8:05pm

gullahgirl

Thanks Latin! Is it just me or is Andre just like fine wine? The older he gets he keeps getting better looking!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/03/17 8:18pm

woogiebear

SoulAlive said:

laurarichardson said:

Andre stole Do Me Baby from Eddie Hazel Frantic Moment. He also needs to take it up with the copyright office because he will never see a dime.

well,if you believe that the music on "Do Me,Baby" really comes from that Eddie Hazel song,isn't Prince guilty of stealing music? He is the one who recorded "Do Me,Baby",not Andre hmmm

....

[Edited 7/3/17 13:42pm]

JUST LIKE the 'Love 2 The 9's" Guitar intro is THE SAME LICK from "Physical Love", which is from BOTH Bootsy & Eddie Hazel's 1st Solo Albums!!! They LOVE Eddie Hazel!!!

cool

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/04/17 5:05am

lucylula

Thanks Latin...looks like an excellent performance
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/04/17 8:01am

PennyPurple

avatar

gullahgirl said:

Thanks Latin! Is it just me or is Andre just like fine wine? The older he gets he keeps getting better looking!

Oh yeah, he is still sooo fine! biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/04/17 9:06am

KoolEaze

avatar

Good to know that this band is on tour, too. I know many see the Revolution as the quintessential Prince band , and that´s perfectly understandable but the original NPG was his tightest band and he played during many great shows with them and recorded great music with them.

And this lineup is also very important when it comes to being influential and important......André Cymone has been there since day one, Sonny Thompson was one of Prince´s greatest influences and a great mentor, and don´t get me started about the one and only Morris Hayes, who was with Prince the longest that I can think of.

This lineup and tour got a lot of flak on Facebook and got accused of milking Prince´s death but I find that very disrespectful toward these great musicians, ex-bandmembers and friends of Prince.

It´s only logical that they go on tour and play Prince songs, too, and not just the Revolution and Sheila. No offence or disrespect to the Revolution or Sheila but these guys should definitely do as many gigs in the future as possible.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/04/17 9:39am

Superfan1984

laurarichardson said:

SoulAlive said:

well,if you believe that the music on "Do Me,Baby" really comes from that Eddie Hazel song,isn't Prince guilty of stealing music? He is the one who recorded "Do Me,Baby",not Andre hmmm

....

[Edited 7/3/17 13:42pm]

Andre claimed he wrote it so if he wrote it he stole it but it is interesting that he has not opened his mouth about this in over 30 years and he is now standing on the stage singing Prince's songs.

Sorry for being negative but, I don't want to see other people singing Prince songs. I just don't.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/04/17 9:58am

laurarichardso
n

woogiebear said:



SoulAlive said:




laurarichardson said:



Andre stole Do Me Baby from Eddie Hazel Frantic Moment. He also needs to take it up with the copyright office because he will never see a dime.







well,if you believe that the music on "Do Me,Baby" really comes from that Eddie Hazel song,isn't Prince guilty of stealing music? He is the one who recorded "Do Me,Baby",not Andre hmmm




....


[Edited 7/3/17 13:42pm]



JUST LIKE the 'Love 2 The 9's" Guitar intro is THE SAME LICK from "Physical Love", which is from BOTH Bootsy & Eddie Hazel's 1st Solo Albums!!! They LOVE Eddie Hazel!!!


cool



Yes, I believe they were both Eddie Hazel fans.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/04/17 10:21am

KoolEaze

avatar

woogiebear said:

SoulAlive said:

well,if you believe that the music on "Do Me,Baby" really comes from that Eddie Hazel song,isn't Prince guilty of stealing music? He is the one who recorded "Do Me,Baby",not Andre hmmm

....

[Edited 7/3/17 13:42pm]

JUST LIKE the 'Love 2 The 9's" Guitar intro is THE SAME LICK from "Physical Love", which is from BOTH Bootsy & Eddie Hazel's 1st Solo Albums!!! They LOVE Eddie Hazel!!!

cool

The bassline of Cosmic Slop is a bit reminiscent of Space, too.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/04/17 12:06pm

kookooman73

Superfan1984 said:



laurarichardson said:


SoulAlive said:



well,if you believe that the music on "Do Me,Baby" really comes from that Eddie Hazel song,isn't Prince guilty of stealing music? He is the one who recorded "Do Me,Baby",not Andre hmmm




....


[Edited 7/3/17 13:42pm]



Andre claimed he wrote it so if he wrote it he stole it but it is interesting that he has not opened his mouth about this in over 30 years and he is now standing on the stage singing Prince's songs.

Sorry for being negative but, I don't want to see other people singing Prince songs. I just don't.


Well it is ur choice whether to attend these shows or not & whether u clink on any live links. Personally I have no problem with any of his former band members performing his music. We all know P picked the best musicians for his bands & they spent thousands of hours rehearsing, performing & creating with him. I would rather see these guys make a living from now on than tribute bands that never met him. These people deserve their moment in the sun. I've seen the NPG at the Celebration & twice now in London. Trust me they are smiling from ear to ear as are the fans. We are all healing together!! 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/09/17 10:21am

XNY

avatar

KoolEaze said:

Good to know that this band is on tour, too. I know many see the Revolution as the quintessential Prince band , and that´s perfectly understandable but the original NPG was his tightest band and he played during many great shows with them and recorded great music with them.

And this lineup is also very important when it comes to being influential and important......André Cymone has been there since day one, Sonny Thompson was one of Prince´s greatest influences and a great mentor, and don´t get me started about the one and only Morris Hayes, who was with Prince the longest that I can think of.

This lineup and tour got a lot of flak on Facebook and got accused of milking Prince´s death but I find that very disrespectful toward these great musicians, ex-bandmembers and friends of Prince.

It´s only logical that they go on tour and play Prince songs, too, and not just the Revolution and Sheila. No offence or disrespect to the Revolution or Sheila but these guys should definitely do as many gigs in the future as possible.

While it doesn't surprise me that Facebook "fans" gave them flak - who else is going to keep his kindred spirit alive ?? We need more Prince bands, performing his music live...for as long as they can sell tickets right ?

I'll be at as many shows as I can - for the Revolution and the NPG and whomever else can bring his funky music to life!! That's the whole idea right?

Speaking of which there are several tribute bands less known, like Chase and Ovation in the Twin Cities who put on a great show!! This isn't a competition, it's about keeping his spirit alive and keeping the fans dancing... music bananadance bananadance

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion" -- Martha Graham
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > ANDRE CYMONE & THE NPG perform "Hot Thing"