independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 20th Nov 2018 12:38am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Paisley Park Afterdark - Saturday, September 8
« Previous topic  Next topic »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/06/18 12:34am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Paisley Park Afterdark - Saturday, September 8

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/07/18 7:29pm

itsjustaroundt
hecorner

argh!!!!

I REALLY wish there could be more parites at PP...

while I love the tours and love being there... there is something a little 'somber' about it all.. and we dont even get to hear much of P's music...

While I think being somber is part of the experience (at least for me)... i want to dance my ass off to the music I love most by the person I admire the most .. in his house, where it was made....

I just wish the dance parties were planned more in advance and just more frequent..

thanks for letting me vent!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/07/18 9:47pm

motherfunka

itsjustaroundthecorner said:

argh!!!!

I REALLY wish there could be more parites at PP...

while I love the tours and love being there... there is something a little 'somber' about it all.. and we dont even get to hear much of P's music...

While I think being somber is part of the experience (at least for me)... i want to dance my ass off to the music I love most by the person I admire the most .. in his house, where it was made....

I just wish the dance parties were planned more in advance and just more frequent..

thanks for letting me vent!

The dance parties are held every other Saturday.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/07/18 10:31pm

itsjustaroundt
hecorner

motherfunka said:

itsjustaroundthecorner said:

argh!!!!

I REALLY wish there could be more parites at PP...

while I love the tours and love being there... there is something a little 'somber' about it all.. and we dont even get to hear much of P's music...

While I think being somber is part of the experience (at least for me)... i want to dance my ass off to the music I love most by the person I admire the most .. in his house, where it was made....

I just wish the dance parties were planned more in advance and just more frequent..

thanks for letting me vent!

The dance parties are held every other Saturday.

Thats what I thought ... but when I was trying to book a spontaneous trip to Minneapolis... none of the weekends had a Paisley Park After Dark Option... so that made me think that the every other saturday thing wasn't 100%

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/08/18 12:08pm

motherfunka

itsjustaroundthecorner said:

motherfunka said:

The dance parties are held every other Saturday.

Thats what I thought ... but when I was trying to book a spontaneous trip to Minneapolis... none of the weekends had a Paisley Park After Dark Option... so that made me think that the every other saturday thing wasn't 100%

They skipped the Labor Day weekend, but I'm pretty sure it's back on track now for every other weekend. Now come dance your ass off! cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/10/18 3:54pm

onlyforaminute

Hmm, the 22nd. That's cutting it real close.

"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/10/18 5:57pm

motherfunka

onlyforaminute said:

Hmm, the 22nd. That's cutting it real close.

They are also doing a special PPAD on 9/21 for the release of the P&AM release.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/10/18 6:15pm

onlyforaminute

motherfunka said:

onlyforaminute said:

Hmm, the 22nd. That's cutting it real close.

They are also doing a special PPAD on 9/21 for the release of the P&AM release.



Where they say that at? I could adjust my trip by a few days.

"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/11/18 7:41am

motherfunka

onlyforaminute said:

motherfunka said:

They are also doing a special PPAD on 9/21 for the release of the P&AM release.



Where they say that at? I could adjust my trip by a few days.

They don't promote this stuff very well, but there was a post on their Facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/...mp;theater

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/12/18 6:00pm

XxAxX

avatar

motherfunka said:

itsjustaroundthecorner said:

argh!!!!

I REALLY wish there could be more parites at PP...

while I love the tours and love being there... there is something a little 'somber' about it all.. and we dont even get to hear much of P's music...

While I think being somber is part of the experience (at least for me)... i want to dance my ass off to the music I love most by the person I admire the most .. in his house, where it was made....

I just wish the dance parties were planned more in advance and just more frequent..

thanks for letting me vent!

The dance parties are held every other Saturday.

good to know! i forget to check in here

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/17/18 6:50pm

onlyforaminute

motherfunka said:



onlyforaminute said:




motherfunka said:





They are also doing a special PPAD on 9/21 for the release of the P&AM release.





Where they say that at? I could adjust my trip by a few days.





They don't promote this stuff very well, but there was a post on their Facebook account.



https://www.facebook.com/...mp;theater




Thanks for the info. I have my tix.
"You want to know your biggest fault? You don’t keep true accounts: you put a high value on what you’ve given, a low value on what you’ve received."

- Seneca, On Anger 3.31.3
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Paisley Park Afterdark - Saturday, September 8