independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 11th Dec 2018 1:45am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > PRINCE'S last protege, NATALYA, released a new single entitled “White Orchid"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/04/18 6:37pm

Latin

PRINCE'S last protege, NATALYA, released a new single entitled “White Orchid"

Today, Natalya, released a new single entitled “White Orchid".

Prince would be very proud.

Here is what she posted on Twitter:

"TODAY, I am so incredibly excited to share with you my new single, “White Orchid,” available NOW on iTunes & Apple Music! Proudly releasing this one independently.

Produced, Arranged, Composed, & Performed by yours truly,

NATALYA"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/04/18 7:43pm

pinkcashmere23

Gorgeous! Love the exotic instrumentation as well,the bass and strings in particular. Thanks Latin! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/04/18 7:55pm

Latin

Here are more details:

“Hand-picked by the artist, NATALYA, herself as the first single release following a long and transformative hiatus, “White Orchid” is a soulful cry, packed with emotional sincerity; a passionate collision of primitive darkness and ethereal angelic purity that boldly depicts this story of love, deceit, relentless devotion and survival. “White Orchid” is as delicately profound as the flower itself, blooming stoically and almost triumphantly despite the darkness of the dense canopy above it. With cinematic instrumentation lending the song a wide range of magnetic dynamics, “White Orchid” pulls you into NATALYA’s silky-smooth and haunting vocal interpretation. Her heart-wrenching lyrics and music interplay as words shared from the soul. A prodigious artist, producer, and multi-instrumentalist, NATALYA is able to tap into the DNA of the creative process and delight us with ideas that come from her heart directly through auditory portals to touch our own hearts. She achieves a masterful feat of combining ancient instruments like the hammered dulcimer and recorders, together with funk bass, electric guitar, atmospheric synthesizers and even a modernly designed acoustic instrument, the HAPI drum. NATALYA’s love for, and ability to play and compose on these unusual instruments is an unexpected gift to the listener.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/04/18 8:11pm

pinkcashmere23

Latin said:

Here are more details: “Hand-picked by the artist, NATALYA, herself as the first single release following a long and transformative hiatus, “White Orchid” is a soulful cry, packed with emotional sincerity; a passionate collision of primitive darkness and ethereal angelic purity that boldly depicts this story of love, deceit, relentless devotion and survival. “White Orchid” is as delicately profound as the flower itself, blooming stoically and almost triumphantly despite the darkness of the dense canopy above it. With cinematic instrumentation lending the song a wide range of magnetic dynamics, “White Orchid” pulls you into NATALYA’s silky-smooth and haunting vocal interpretation. Her heart-wrenching lyrics and music interplay as words shared from the soul. A prodigious artist, producer, and multi-instrumentalist, NATALYA is able to tap into the DNA of the creative process and delight us with ideas that come from her heart directly through auditory portals to touch our own hearts. She achieves a masterful feat of combining ancient instruments like the hammered dulcimer and recorders, together with funk bass, electric guitar, atmospheric synthesizers and even a modernly designed acoustic instrument, the HAPI drum. NATALYA’s love for, and ability to play and compose on these unusual instruments is an unexpected gift to the listener.”

Thanks for sharing! Very impressive that she played all instruments! I'm sure that Prince would be so proud!

[Edited 9/4/18 20:32pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/04/18 9:11pm

Latin

Natalya has tweeted the following:

MUSIQ will soon be available for purchase directly through natalyamusiq.com, skipping the “middle-man”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/05/18 1:21pm

Latin

Latin said:

Today, Natalya, released a new single entitled “White Orchid".

Prince would be very proud.

Here is what she posted on Twitter:

"TODAY, I am so incredibly excited to share with you my new single, “White Orchid,” available NOW on iTunes & Apple Music! Proudly releasing this one independently.

Produced, Arranged, Composed, & Performed by yours truly,

NATALYA"

Prince's brother, Omarr, has retweeted this posting from Natalya.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/06/18 1:23pm

Latin

Natalya has posted the following:

"Black Magic Woman✨"

https://www.instagram.com...PrzMKHI1t/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/07/18 1:05pm

Latin

Check out a bit of Natalya's song "White Orchid":

https://www.instagram.com...UZjZjHe9D/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/10/18 1:24pm

Latin

Here is "White Orchid" by Natalya:

https://m.youtube.com/wat...PXJ357CuRc
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/14/18 1:30pm

Latin

Check out the latest photo posted by Natalya:

“The gravity’s heavy but I must say, I see us flying away” - N .
.
Photographed by @rachlpolack

Here it is:

https://www.instagram.com...rg-alH_F6/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/16/18 6:24pm

lezama

avatar

dat BASS though... music I love this. Prince would be proud. She's doing it all on her own.

Change it one more time..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/18/18 10:12am

pinkcashmere23

Latin said:

Here is "White Orchid" by Natalya: https://m.youtube.com/wat...PXJ357CuRc

Thanks! I saw that it is also on Spotify and Tidal now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/18/18 3:11pm

Bodyguard

lezama said:

dat BASS though... music I love this. Prince would be proud. She's doing it all on her own.


Ooh, I agree. The bass, the strings, those lyrics. sad cry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/18/18 4:18pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

cool

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/21/18 1:09pm

Latin

lezama said:

dat BASS though... music I love this. Prince would be proud. She's doing it all on her own.


yes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/28/18 6:29am

Latin

Check out the latest photo posted by Natalya:

https://www.instagram.com...Pn6Lfn3Wx/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/01/18 9:14pm

Latin

Natalya has posted the following photo:

"Yesterday🥀
Photographed by Maria Cerda"

https://www.instagram.com...ZtXmCnVhr/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/05/18 1:33pm

Latin

Natalya has posted the following photo:

"In just a moment, I lived an entire life. - N"

https://www.instagram.com...h-KYIHi1f/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/05/18 1:33pm

Latin

Natalya has posted the following photo:

"In just a moment, I lived an entire life. - N"

https://www.instagram.com...h-KYIHi1f/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/18/18 10:22pm

Latin

music
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/27/18 8:48pm

Latin

Natalya has posted the following:

"Just a passing breeze
Filled with memories
Of the golden smile
That introduced me to
The days of wine,
And roses,
And You.”

https://www.instagram.com...dCdobn6an/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/27/18 9:16pm

pinkcashmere23

Latin said:

Natalya has posted the following: "Just a passing breeze Filled with memories Of the golden smile That introduced me to The days of wine, And roses, And You.” https://www.instagram.com...dCdobn6an/

Lovely! Hope that she releases more new music soon. Still have "White Orchid" on repeat.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/28/18 10:11am

Latin

pinkcashmere23 said:



Latin said:


Natalya has posted the following: "Just a passing breeze Filled with memories Of the golden smile That introduced me to The days of wine, And roses, And You.” https://www.instagram.com...dCdobn6an/

Lovely! Hope that she releases more new music soon. Still have "White Orchid" on repeat.


thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/29/18 12:17pm

Latin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/29/18 1:04pm

pinkcashmere23

Latin said:

"My muse.🌙" https://www.instagram.com...f0pMxnpuX/

Nice pic. It reminds me of "Under The Cherry Moon" smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/31/18 1:32pm

Latin

pinkcashmere23 said:



Latin said:


"My muse.🌙" https://www.instagram.com...f0pMxnpuX/

Nice pic. It reminds me of "Under The Cherry Moon" smile


lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/03/18 11:42am

Latin

"If time had no ending. 🦋"

https://www.instagram.com...slj1wHzWr/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/03/18 4:47pm

pinkcashmere23

Latin said:

"If time had no ending. 🦋" https://www.instagram.com...slj1wHzWr/

Beautiful. She hasn't shared a performance video in a while. I loved the last one of her song "Sparks."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > PRINCE'S last protege, NATALYA, released a new single entitled “White Orchid"