independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 19th Oct 2017 4:35pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Pic of Prince, Andre and Kim Upshur
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/08/17 5:39pm

laurarichardso
n

Pic of Prince, Andre and Kim Upshur

tumblr_or6s5hV0D41uuut30o1_500.jpg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/08/17 5:39pm

laurarichardso
n

Prince, Kim Upsher and Andre Cymone


Source: Sylvia Amos

Sylvia Amos is Andre Cymone’s older sister. She was a seamstress and has sewn costumes for the Time, Vanity 6, Prince, and made Andre’s space outfits.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/08/17 6:22pm

donnyenglish

What year is this? Looks like around 1981.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/08/17 6:26pm

laurarichardso
n

donnyenglish said:

What year is this? Looks like around 1981.

I think it might be 81. I know Andre said they both got Jerri Curls and Prince did not like his and he had it cut out and that is how he got that short fizzy hair look which it what it looks like in this pic.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/08/17 8:19pm

purplefam99

Spectacular!!!! I love it!!!! Especially that kid sitting on his lap!!!!
Happy feeling get from this!!! Thank you!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/08/17 8:21pm

purplefam99

Look at the little girls grasp on his arm. I know he is barely famous
Which makes it even more precious.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/08/17 9:18pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

cool

You can walk a mile in my shoes. But you can't dance a step in my feet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/12/17 2:49pm

TurnItUp

laurarichardson said:

tumblr_or6s5hV0D41uuut30o1_500.jpg

Um, I'm puzzled with this picture. I thought Kim was Prince's girlfriend(which I just learned about), why is she leaning on Andre? I never knew Kim by name but I do remember her as the waitress in PR. I just thought she was an extra. I never knew she had any connection to Prince.

[Edited 8/12/17 14:49pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/12/17 3:38pm

eyewishuheaven

avatar

So nice to see Prince in normal situations like this.

PRINCE: the only man who could wear high heels and makeup and STILL steal your woman!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/14/17 10:36am

laurarichardso
n

TurnItUp said:

laurarichardson said:

tumblr_or6s5hV0D41uuut30o1_500.jpg

Um, I'm puzzled with this picture. I thought Kim was Prince's girlfriend(which I just learned about), why is she leaning on Andre? I never knew Kim by name but I do remember her as the waitress in PR. I just thought she was an extra. I never knew she had any connection to Prince.

[Edited 8/12/17 14:49pm]

She was his girlfriend from high school. She also passed away in late 2015. I can only imagine what these two got up to when they were young.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/14/17 8:33pm

TurnItUp

laurarichardson said:

TurnItUp said:

Um, I'm puzzled with this picture. I thought Kim was Prince's girlfriend(which I just learned about), why is she leaning on Andre? I never knew Kim by name but I do remember her as the waitress in PR. I just thought she was an extra. I never knew she had any connection to Prince.

[Edited 8/12/17 14:49pm]

She was his girlfriend from high school. She also passed away in late 2015. I can only imagine what these two got up to when they were young.

She I heard that she passed from an aneurysm and that P paid for her funeral arrangements. So sad for her and the family and great thing he did.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/15/17 2:42am

laurarichardso
n

TurnItUp said:



laurarichardson said:




TurnItUp said:




Um, I'm puzzled with this picture. I thought Kim was Prince's girlfriend(which I just learned about), why is she leaning on Andre? I never knew Kim by name but I do remember her as the waitress in PR. I just thought she was an extra. I never knew she had any connection to Prince.


[Edited 8/12/17 14:49pm]



She was his girlfriend from high school. She also passed away in late 2015. I can only imagine what these two got up to when they were young.




She I heard that she passed from an aneurysm and that P paid for her funeral arrangements. So sad for her and the family and great thing he did.


--Yes, he paid for her funeral.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/15/17 6:23am

purplefam99

it is a joy to look at this picture. his pants are just killer!! all that red!! and his

reserve self over there not smiling. i love kim's personality in this pic what a flower all

open and giving beauty and joy to those two. looks like she is trying to get andre to smile too.

bless these moments they were so untainted with fame. pure joy to see.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/15/17 6:26am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

TurnItUp said:

laurarichardson said:

tumblr_or6s5hV0D41uuut30o1_500.jpg

Um, I'm puzzled with this picture. I thought Kim was Prince's girlfriend(which I just learned about), why is she leaning on Andre? I never knew Kim by name but I do remember her as the waitress in PR. I just thought she was an extra. I never knew she had any connection to Prince.

[Edited 8/12/17 14:49pm]

I believe that might have been during High School

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/15/17 6:27am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

TurnItUp said:

laurarichardson said:

She was his girlfriend from high school. She also passed away in late 2015. I can only imagine what these two got up to when they were young.

She I heard that she passed from an aneurysm and that P paid for her funeral arrangements. So sad for her and the family and great thing he did.

2 months before Vanity aka Denise Matthews passed

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/15/17 6:57am

purplefam99

OldFriends4Sale said:

TurnItUp said:

She I heard that she passed from an aneurysm and that P paid for her funeral arrangements. So sad for her and the family and great thing he did.

2 months before Vanity aka Denise Matthews passed

that is a lot of loss to process.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/15/17 7:19am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplefam99 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

2 months before Vanity aka Denise Matthews passed

that is a lot of loss to process.

yes

Kim Upshur

2month later Vanity

2month after that Prince

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/15/17 7:30am

laurarichardso
n

purplefam99 said:



OldFriends4Sale said:




TurnItUp said:




She I heard that she passed from an aneurysm and that P paid for her funeral arrangements. So sad for her and the family and great thing he did.




2 months before Vanity aka Denise Matthews passed



that is a lot of loss to process.


Jill Jones said that when she saw him at Vanity's memorial is was still upset about Kim. sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/15/17 9:18am

purplefam99

laurarichardson said:

purplefam99 said:

that is a lot of loss to process.

Jill Jones said that when she saw him at Vanity's memorial is was still upset about Kim. sad

i can only imagine.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/16/17 8:42am

Allanya

avatar

eyewishuheaven said:

So nice to see Prince in normal situations like this.

Yes great picture. Had no idea she passed away. RIP. sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/16/17 9:12am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Allanya said:

eyewishuheaven said:

So nice to see Prince in normal situations like this.

Yes great picture. Had no idea she passed away. RIP. sad

http://prince.org/msg/7/420491?pr Prince & Kim Upsher[RIP]

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Pic of Prince, Andre and Kim Upshur