independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 14th Dec 2018 8:40am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > ~POSiTiViTY ~ Have U had your PLUS Sign Today ?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/06/18 12:22am

Lovejunky

avatar


He’d call my hotel room pretending to be housekeeping

One time I was kind of in a hurry and the phone rings and [high, accented voice]

“Housekeeping — I have your iron.”

I’m a real easygoing cat, so I’m like

“No m’am, I have my own iron, I’m okay, thank you.”

Hang up, rings again.

“Housekeeping! You ordered an iron?”

“No, I’m fine, I gotta go.”

Now I’m really in a hurry trying to get out of the place — to get to his show!

It rings again and I said “Are you f—ing kidding me?!”

and he says

[deep Prince voice],

“I knew I could get you to cuss.”

~ MORRIS HAYES ~

Image result for Morris Hayes and Prince

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/06/18 12:29am

Lovejunky

avatar


We would be playing a show and he’d run offstage and

all of a sudden he’d be right behind me or playing one of my keyboards.

“Dude, where the heck did you come from?!”

It scared me every single time:

It’s a good thing we were playing loud music so nobody heard me scream!

I’d be like “do-do-do-do — AAAH!”

He’d come up after the show and say “I’m sorry I scared you.”

“You ain’t sorry, you knew exactly what you were doing,”

because he did it a lot — I guess that’s an advantage of being short!

He was a jokester and he loved to laugh, and

those are the moments that keep me warm at night,

remembering those times and seeing him smile

and the great shows we did and all of us

getting lost in the moment

together with him.

I’ve never had that experience with another artist on that level.

I miss that cat so much, wow.

~CASSANDRA O’NEAL~




[Edited 8/6/18 0:38am]

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/06/18 12:36am

Lovejunky

avatar

Keep them coming Rogifan....

we need MORE Happy Places on the ORG

and in the world in general...

rogifan said:

Awesome thread. I have one to add if you don’t mind. 🙂

[Edited 8/9/18 6:23am]

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/06/18 11:33am

luvsexy4all

Lovejunky said:

“He’s got that church thing up in what he does,”.

“He plays guitar and piano and plays them very well.

But it’s the church thing that I hear in his music that makes him special, and that organ thing.

It’s a black thing and not a white thing.

Prince is like the church to gay guys.

He’s the music of the people who go out after ten or eleven at night.

He comes in on the beat and plays on top of the beat.

I think when Prince makes love he hears drums instead of Ravel.

So he’s not a white guy.

His music is new,

is rooted, reflects and comes out of 1988 and ‘89 and ‘90.

For me, he can be the new Duke Ellington of our time if he just keeps at it.”

~Miles Davis~

Prince-Miles.jpg

"church to gay guys" ???

[Edited 8/6/18 11:40am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/06/18 11:40am

luvsexy4all

keep em comin..and sticky this mofo

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/06/18 4:29pm

Lovejunky

avatar

A fabulous dresser,

masculine in his feminine clothes,

he has always dressed out of his times

and

just like a prince

in his frock coats, rampantly ruffled shirts with fingertip-dragging cuffs,

tight high-waisted pants with matching French-heeled boots,

royal medallions,

arrogant walking sticks,

tiny boleros with high Beau Brummel collars

1995 Esquire Gentleman

~Julie Baumgold~

Image result for prince versace

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/07/18 7:20pm

Lovejunky

avatar

"Prince’s music was so picturesque that even I could see it.

I could see his boss Mr. McGee, who thought Prince was never going to be shit.

I could see Old Man Johnson’s farm.

I could feel that “Purple Rain” too.

Prince’s songs were that vivid, the images were that strong"

26166803_337661696642013_5341165341835218884_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2c5ffaca81be2fb634a9705abb8ea9a0&oe=5BCBEDDF

"Prince was so inspired, and so inspiring.

He was kind, he was disciplined and he knew where he wanted to go.

He was able to make big transitions.

If Michael was the King of Pop, Prince should be the Emperor.

Prince fought for his artistic freedom.

He didn’t allow anyone or anything to get in his way.

By following his own path,

Prince took music to a whole other place"

f004f472e3ec6246b53c51390ee246f1.jpg

~Stevie Wonder~

[Edited 8/7/18 19:21pm]

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/07/18 7:28pm

Lovejunky

avatar

“He was like Uncle Prince to me,” .

“He was the respectful, professional Uncle Prince,

and then he would tell me things like

‘You’re my muse,’

or he would be like ‘Témar, keep performing.

That’s where your gift is going to shine the most.'”

Image result for Tamar Davis and Prince

Image result for Tamar Prince

~Tamar Davis~

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/08/18 12:23am

Lovejunky

avatar

"He was generous with us but my fondest memory was during the Musicology tour,

each city that we stopped in he would donate items to the local shelters.

I went on one of these visits,

Prince was not present but his people were there give clothing and food items to a

women’s and girl’s shelter and I took a few pictures.

When I asked Prince if he wanted me to post them,

he said absolutely not.

He generosity was endless and anonymous."

Image result for Prince Afshin Shahidi zMusicology

~Afshin Shahidi~



“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/08/18 4:11am

Lovejunky

avatar

"When I had my first near death experience,

I was in the hospital at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C.

Prince came to see me, but I had lost so much weight and was looking so ill,

some of those around me did not permit Prince to come and see me.

Later,

as we were organizing the Million Family March,

Prince donated $50,000 to that effort.

After writing him and thanking him for his gift,

I tried to meet with my brother but unfortunately, I was unable to meet him"

Image result for Minister Louis Farrakhan

"The soul of the man that we know as Prince was beauty.

The manifestation of his many gifts was a manifestation of beauty.

The essence of his being,

in the way Prince gave to others, serviced others through his gifts and skills

was a thing of beauty.

The creation of his songs,

the majesty of their rhythms,

the beauty of its content says something about the beauty of the man".

prince

"He loved his faith.

He kept the faith and fought the good fight.

The Essence of Beauty remains,

the beautiful flesh that wrapped that essence from head to foot is gone from us,

yet beauty in a man named Prince remains.

May Allah (God) bless his family,

those closest to him that helped him make his music,

those who helped him in any way; may we all be comforted in our loss.

But may we be joyful in the Gift that Allah (God) gave to us and to the world,

the Essence of Beauty in a man called Prince."



~Minister Louis Farrakhan ~

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 08/08/18 5:29am

RJP1205

Gonna say it again, I LOVE this thread! 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 08/08/18 10:20am

luvsexy4all

Lovejunky said:

"When I had my first near death experience,

I was in the hospital at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C.

Prince came to see me, but I had lost so much weight and was looking so ill,

some of those around me did not permit Prince to come and see me.

Later,

as we were organizing the Million Family March,

Prince donated $50,000 to that effort.

After writing him and thanking him for his gift,

I tried to meet with my brother but unfortunately, I was unable to meet him"

Image result for Minister Louis Farrakhan

"The soul of the man that we know as Prince was beauty.

The manifestation of his many gifts was a manifestation of beauty.

The essence of his being,

in the way Prince gave to others, serviced others through his gifts and skills

was a thing of beauty.

The creation of his songs,

the majesty of their rhythms,

the beauty of its content says something about the beauty of the man".

prince

"He loved his faith.

He kept the faith and fought the good fight.

The Essence of Beauty remains,

the beautiful flesh that wrapped that essence from head to foot is gone from us,

yet beauty in a man named Prince remains.

May Allah (God) bless his family,

those closest to him that helped him make his music,

those who helped him in any way; may we all be comforted in our loss.

But may we be joyful in the Gift that Allah (God) gave to us and to the world,

the Essence of Beauty in a man called Prince."



~Minister Louis Farrakhan ~

"a Pearl of Great Price"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 08/08/18 1:56pm

Lovejunky

avatar

RJP1205 said:

Gonna say it again, I LOVE this thread! 💜

Me too <3

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 08/08/18 2:09pm

Lovejunky

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

~Minister Louis Farrakhan ~

"a Pearl of Great Price"

sigh....

such a beautiful imagery I had to go back to reread and add the rest

~he was like a Pearl of Great Price,

a Diamond of Matchless Beauty

that everywhere the light struck him

a color emitted from his being~

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 08/08/18 3:04pm

RJP1205

Lovejunky said:



luvsexy4all said:




~Minister Louis Farrakhan ~





"a Pearl of Great Price"





sigh....


such a beautiful imagery I had to go back to reread and add the rest



~he was like a Pearl of Great Price,


a Diamond of Matchless Beauty


that everywhere the light struck him


a color emitted from his being~


💜 Only someone with a truly beautiful heart would invoke such sweet thoughts.
[Edited 8/8/18 15:40pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 08/09/18 3:47am

Lovejunky

avatar

My friend Frank called me in the early morning to say,

“I must tell you something. Prince has talked to me!“

Frank had been a fan for 20 years when he hopped on a train from

Germany to the Netherlands to be able to attend one of Prince’s legendary after-shows.

He did not manage to get in.

The show was sold out, so he sat outside the venue to listen to the music

through the closed doors.

After the show, he watched Prince leaving the back door and

he was just about to get into the car when Frank shouted,

"You are the best guitarist in the world!”

Prince immediately stopped, TURNED around and went to Frank.

He looked him straight in the eye and he said,

“And you are the best fan in the world!”

Then he smiled and rode off. "

Image result for Prince aftershows in the Netherlands

Frank has been telling this for years now. He will never forget this night.

And he is not sorry that he missed that after-show,

because that was better than anything he could have hoped for.

ANJA LÜDERS-CHOUIQA

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 08/09/18 4:53am

Lovejunky

avatar

" I did a festival with him and Chaka Khan in Copenhagen [in 2011].

I remember I was onstage playing “Stone Rollin’.”

The crowd was already having a good time, partying,

and I did a spin

and the crowd went nuts.

I’m thinkin’ “I’m really killin’ it right now!”

— and then

I look behind me and Prince is onstage,

dancing behind me.

I was killing it — but I wasn’t killing it that much (laughter)"

Image result for Raphael Saadiq aND pRINCE

~Raphael Ssadig~

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 08/09/18 4:57pm

Lovejunky

avatar

"Prince was an angel to many people—

and that is certainly true for me.

He gave me my first break as a photographer.

At the time, I was living in Los Angeles and was barely making ends meet.

I thought I had to leave Minnesota to realize my dreams.

Yet, they were waiting for me at home"


Prince

"Prince inspired me by his total freedom, both artistically and personally.

He curated his own life and was so brave to have fought for that freedom.

He was authentic and free, and more spiritually advanced than most people understand.

Even after I left, he was still everything to me.

Those who lived at Paisley understand what it’s like.

You may have left the bubble,

but it doesn’t ever really leave you."

Prince


~Nicole Nodland~

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 08/09/18 5:59pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

cool yes

"If you're living, you've got nothing left to prove..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 08/09/18 7:17pm

1contessa

I love this thread, it's beautiful but it makes me cry, I miss him so much.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 08/10/18 10:44am

luvsexy4all

Prince at Paisely

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 08/10/18 7:58pm

rogifan

He was always sending me memes and funny videos. He liked memes of him when people take his face and write captions on his pictures. He was always sending me those. One, he had a duck face on, and it was how light-skin dudes roll dice or something. We were pretty close. He found me online when I was 18 years old, and he reached out to me to direct his music video, "Breakfast Can Wait."
~Danielle Curiel~


3359ifo.png
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 08/10/18 8:26pm

rogifan

I tried playing Prince in Ping-Pong once. I told him he was the Serena of Ping-Pong and I would never be playing him again. He was literally a master of Ping-Pong. ~Damaris Lewis~

At Paisley, the Ping-Pong table's right outside the studio. So it's kind of back and forth between recording, destroying somebody in Ping-Pong, go back to recording. Oh my God, it was embarrassing. To the point that he wouldn't even play me, he was just so disgusted with my inability to play. One time, he wouldn't even move—he'd stand in one spot, and his arms were not that long and I'm six feet two. Talking crap the whole time. He's like the worst trash-talker. ~Van Jones~


SnDj895_zps8zmer6jd.gif
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 08/10/18 11:36pm

Lovejunky

avatar

Saturday at Paisley Park before he passed away…

"Prince was sitting in the NPG Music Club/Love 4 One Another Room around 11:30pm…

he was bobbing his head to the song Black Sweat

which was recorded live the night before in Atlanta, GA.

He was sitting next to his sister Tyka;

they weren’t talking but simply enjoying the music.

All of a sudden…

A younger kid (16-17 years old) walked up to Prince

while he was listening to the song.
Two minutes later the kid comes back to me with a sad face.
My comment: ”What did you ask Prince? What happened?”
The kid replied, “I asked Prince if I could ask him a question.”
My comment: ”And?”
Kid replied, “He said nope…I could only ask him half of a question.”
My comment, “Prince was being funny. Is there such thing as half of a question? It’s either a question or it’s not.”
Kid replied, “Oh…I guess I screwed up.”

Prince was a genuine smart ass until the very end.

I love it."

CgLeX3wUEAYsH34.jpg

~COREY TOLLEFSON~

[Edited 8/10/18 23:37pm]

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 08/11/18 9:54am

206Michelle

"From the first moment of our son’s life to the last, my husband thought nothing of himself. His vanity, his ego, his needs—all that had been stripped away. All that remained was a solid core of unconditional love." Mayte Garcia, The Most Beautiful, p. 209

Prince & Mayte attend the Chicago Bulls vs New York Knicks game as guests o...

© NBC


[Edited 8/12/18 18:50pm]
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 08/11/18 10:06am

206Michelle

Lovejunky said:

"Prince’s music was so picturesque that even I could see it.


I could see his boss Mr. McGee, who thought Prince was never going to be shit.


I could see Old Man Johnson’s farm.


I could feel that “Purple Rain” too.


Prince’s songs were that vivid, the images were that strong"



26166803_337661696642013_5341165341835218884_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2c5ffaca81be2fb634a9705abb8ea9a0&oe=5BCBEDDF





"Prince was so inspired, and so inspiring.


He was kind, he was disciplined and he knew where he wanted to go.


He was able to make big transitions.


If Michael was the King of Pop, Prince should be the Emperor.


Prince fought for his artistic freedom.


He didn’t allow anyone or anything to get in his way.


By following his own path,


Prince took music to a whole other place"




f004f472e3ec6246b53c51390ee246f1.jpg





~Stevie Wonder~

[Edited 8/7/18 19:21pm]


My 2 favourite musicians!
worship
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 08/11/18 3:23pm

Lovejunky

avatar

Lovejunky said:

“He was like Uncle Prince to me,” .

“He was the respectful, professional Uncle Prince,

and then he would tell me things like

‘You’re my muse,’

or he would be like ‘Témar, keep performing.

That’s where your gift is going to shine the most.'”

Image result for Tamar Davis and Prince

Image result for Tamar Prince

~Tamar Davis~

EXTRA EXTRA
YOU TUBE INTERVIEW WITH TAMAR and THE Violet Underground

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 08/11/18 4:30pm

206Michelle

rogifan said:

I tried playing Prince in Ping-Pong once. I told him he was the Serena of Ping-Pong and I would never be playing him again. He was literally a master of Ping-Pong. ~Damaris Lewis~

At Paisley, the Ping-Pong table's right outside the studio. So it's kind of back and forth between recording, destroying somebody in Ping-Pong, go back to recording. Oh my God, it was embarrassing. To the point that he wouldn't even play me, he was just so disgusted with my inability to play. One time, he wouldn't even move—he'd stand in one spot, and his arms were not that long and I'm six feet two. Talking crap the whole time. He's like the worst trash-talker. ~Van Jones~


SnDj895_zps8zmer6jd.gif

I’ve never seen this gif. From what video or move does it come?
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 08/11/18 6:23pm

RJP1205

This thread needs to be a sticky. A beautiful testament to a beautiful man! 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 08/11/18 8:13pm

rogifan

206Michelle said:

rogifan said:

I tried playing Prince in Ping-Pong once. I told him he was the Serena of Ping-Pong and I would never be playing him again. He was literally a master of Ping-Pong. ~Damaris Lewis~

At Paisley, the Ping-Pong table's right outside the studio. So it's kind of back and forth between recording, destroying somebody in Ping-Pong, go back to recording. Oh my God, it was embarrassing. To the point that he wouldn't even play me, he was just so disgusted with my inability to play. One time, he wouldn't even move—he'd stand in one spot, and his arms were not that long and I'm six feet two. Talking crap the whole time. He's like the worst trash-talker. ~Van Jones~


SnDj895_zps8zmer6jd.gif

I’ve never seen this gif. From what video or move does it come?

It’s the end credits from the TV show New Girl. Prince guest starred on the show in 2014. I believe it aired right after the super bowl.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > ~POSiTiViTY ~ Have U had your PLUS Sign Today ?