independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 23rd Mar 2019 1:32pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince RSD 2019: Versace Experience - April 13, 2019
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 03/05/19 5:17am

Rimshottbob

poppys said:

databank said:

My dad listens to those old 78 rpms on those old players. The sound is awful lol


lol I have some languishing on ebay right now I can't sell, heavy to ship too.

Just to say that the sound of 78s can be fantastic, if they're in good condition and played on a decent player (not a f*&%ing Crosley!) .... the reason a lot of them sound shitty is because of the condition they're in, but good condition records sound wonderful, because of course, of the 78 revolutions per minute.

I have about 3,000 78s and most of them sound great... some not so much.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 03/06/19 10:50am

luvsexy4all

but what is the 7" being released???? they havent mentioned song title

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 03/06/19 10:54am

IstenSzek

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

but what is the 7" being released???? they havent mentioned song title


just think of the thing that would be least exciting to you. then make it a little less exciting.

then drop the soundquality.

then make sure you already have it in your collection, since about 25 years.

et voila, that's what the 7" is most likely to be.


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 03/06/19 11:01am

luvsexy4all

IstenSzek said:

luvsexy4all said:

but what is the 7" being released???? they havent mentioned song title


just think of the thing that would be least exciting to you. then make it a little less exciting.

then drop the soundquality.

then make sure you already have it in your collection, since about 25 years.

et voila, that's what the 7" is most likely to be.


its saying soon-to-be-revealed....like its a new song

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 03/06/19 11:52am

TrevorAyer

i hope the 7 inch is a cleaned up version of the acoustic thieves in the temple demo

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 03/06/19 12:00pm

IstenSzek

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

IstenSzek said:


just think of the thing that would be least exciting to you. then make it a little less exciting.

then drop the soundquality.

then make sure you already have it in your collection, since about 25 years.

et voila, that's what the 7" is most likely to be.


its saying soon-to-be-revealed....like its a new song


yeah, i wouldn't count on that. i mean, i would LOVE for you to be right. but i'm not getting my hopes up.


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 03/06/19 12:01pm

IstenSzek

avatar

TrevorAyer said:

i hope the 7 inch is a cleaned up version of the acoustic thieves in the temple demo


that would be nice nod


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 03/11/19 1:44am

tomds

Did he really translate pussy as chatounette ? Little kitten control ? Hilarious.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 03/11/19 2:40pm

Angelsoncrack

avatar

Sorry but the cassette idea is so stupid to me. To the people who are wondering why cassette players are so expensive on Ebay, you can thank modern pop culture for that. Look at shows like Stranger Things etc, which brought back the '80s to seem 'cool' and 'edgy' so loads of 20 odd year old hipsters went out and bought Walkmans and therefore drove up the supply and demand for them again. It's the same reason second hand vinyl has sky rocketted also.

To those also thinking of buying a cheap cassette player just for this release- don't bother. It won't sound any better than you originally remember unless you have a decent tape deck and equipment to play it on. Paying out the arse for a crappy walkman and then a futher £12 for a brand new cassette, it's not even worth it. Cassettes died for a reason, they were cheap, played on cheap equipment and sounded like cack because of it. The estate should of just done a vinyl relase of the versace experience, as more people own turntables now. It wouldn't surprise me if they struggle to sell these. Just listen to it on youtube or whatever.

✿Prince and lawsuits. Still a better love-story than Twilight. ✿

@Spoookyelectric ← Follow me on Twitter!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 03/11/19 4:38pm

TrcikyChristop
her

IstenSzek said:

luvsexy4all said:

but what is the 7" being released???? they havent mentioned song title


just think of the thing that would be least exciting to you. then make it a little less exciting.

then drop the soundquality.

then make sure you already have it in your collection, since about 25 years.

et voila, that's what the 7" is most likely to be.


TMBGITW? Maybe they finally got the copyright issue resolved?

If so, yeah... underwhelming.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 03/12/19 6:34am

jaawwnn

avatar

Angelsoncrack said:

Sorry but the cassette idea is so stupid to me. To the people who are wondering why cassette players are so expensive on Ebay, you can thank modern pop culture for that. Look at shows like Stranger Things etc, which brought back the '80s to seem 'cool' and 'edgy' so loads of 20 odd year old hipsters went out and bought Walkmans and therefore drove up the supply and demand for them again. It's the same reason second hand vinyl has sky rocketted also.

To those also thinking of buying a cheap cassette player just for this release- don't bother. It won't sound any better than you originally remember unless you have a decent tape deck and equipment to play it on. Paying out the arse for a crappy walkman and then a futher £12 for a brand new cassette, it's not even worth it. Cassettes died for a reason, they were cheap, played on cheap equipment and sounded like cack because of it. The estate should of just done a vinyl relase of the versace experience, as more people own turntables now. It wouldn't surprise me if they struggle to sell these. Just listen to it on youtube or whatever.

Nah, that's not true, cassette culture has been going for years in the noise and ambient world. This release was always a cassette and it's fair that it stays a cassette.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 03/12/19 9:07am

IstenSzek

avatar

jaawwnn said:

Angelsoncrack said:

Sorry but the cassette idea is so stupid to me. To the people who are wondering why cassette players are so expensive on Ebay, you can thank modern pop culture for that. Look at shows like Stranger Things etc, which brought back the '80s to seem 'cool' and 'edgy' so loads of 20 odd year old hipsters went out and bought Walkmans and therefore drove up the supply and demand for them again. It's the same reason second hand vinyl has sky rocketted also.

To those also thinking of buying a cheap cassette player just for this release- don't bother. It won't sound any better than you originally remember unless you have a decent tape deck and equipment to play it on. Paying out the arse for a crappy walkman and then a futher £12 for a brand new cassette, it's not even worth it. Cassettes died for a reason, they were cheap, played on cheap equipment and sounded like cack because of it. The estate should of just done a vinyl relase of the versace experience, as more people own turntables now. It wouldn't surprise me if they struggle to sell these. Just listen to it on youtube or whatever.

Nah, that's not true, cassette culture has been going for years in the noise and ambient world. This release was always a cassette and it's fair that it stays a cassette.


it probably also suits WB (?) or whomever is planning on releasing prince albums this year,
since the vinyl of HMPL isn't going to present anything 'new' to anyone and won't get in the
way of any other release.

The V Experience has some 'new' or 'unknown' content on it and as such, if released as an
LP or a CD or download, some might claim it's another form of flooding the market and yet
another reason for them to not release anything else by prince in the surrounding months.

so in that regard, it's fine that it's only a cassettte. we'll get a decent rip anyway. let's hope
better quality still than the previous 'bootlegged' copies and we'll all be happy.


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 03/12/19 2:49pm

TrevorAyer

actually there are many prince albums that could be re released on cassette and i would probably buy them even if i don't like the album that much .. i know my love symbol tape case got pretty beat up ... it has that symbol imprinted right in plastic casing .. if they put the crystal ball songs from 1987 87 on a tape comp and called it crystal ball .. i would buy it .. i might even buy a back up of sott and parade .. batman black album .. come .. pr deluxe outtakes disk on its own cassette .. that would be awesesome .. especially if they play with tinting the cassettes and expand the artwork ... the pr tinted purple cassette was nice but they could have made the art nicer

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 03/14/19 7:44am

IstenSzek

avatar

in other news, bjork just announced the rerelease of all her albums on cassette,
so it seems like cassettes are making a comeback everywhere smile

i refuse tho. i'm not going back to cassettes hmph!


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 03/20/19 1:28pm

42Kristen

mad

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 03/22/19 7:43am

Krid

And for next years RSD we will get tapes like these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvYb7PUcODPOGGCSHKeOHV9JT7PkWoIQvOOA8u8xan67fVSd2V

[Edited 3/22/19 7:44am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 03/23/19 7:26am

mediumdry

Krid said:

And for next years RSD we will get tapes like these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvYb7PUcODPOGGCSHKeOHV9JT7PkWoIQvOOA8u8xan67fVSd2V

[Edited 3/22/19 7:44am]

.

multitrack... that'd be marvelous!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince RSD 2019: Versace Experience - April 13, 2019